Odd Tempo Issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dick43

Odd Tempo Issue

Post by Dick43 »

In my most recent mix of a project, with the key and tempo set for the entire project, one vocal track plays back at about twice the speed of all the other tracks! I listened to an earlier mix, and tempo was consistent across all tracks.

I can think of nothing I did to cause that one vocal track's tempo to accelerate in the latest mix! Have checked the manual, mixer settings, etc. and can find no answer.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this? (I could go back to the earlier mix, but would prefer not have to go through the process of revising that with ne effects settings, etc.)

Thanks!
cactus-head

Re: Odd Tempo Issue

Post by cactus-head »

Check if the vocal track was recorded at a lower sample rate than the final mixdown. If you dragged it or copied it from antoher project or folder, that might be the case
Dick43

Post by Dick43 »

Thanks...but don't think that's it. The vocal track in question was recorded by me on Mixcraft, and not imported from another. Never changed the sample rate ever during the project. Odd, huh?

Thanks for the suggestion.....
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Try selecting the 'fast' clip, go to the sound tab and select 'use project tempo'.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Ausus Razen 5 12 core 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

trevlyns wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:37 am Try selecting the 'fast' clip, go to the sound tab and select 'use project tempo'.
Yes, and if that's not right, try turning that off and have Time Stretch set to 100%.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Dick43

Post by Dick43 »

Will try both of those as soon as I can get back to Mixcraft. Thanks for the suggestions…

Dick43
Dick43

Post by Dick43 »

Was able to get back to it today. On the Sound tab, with Project Tempo off and Time Stretch set at 100%, it seems fixed. I still sense a bit of time discrepancy, and have fiddled with the Stretch percentage -- 100% is as close as I can get it. May still use an older mix, resetting effects and their settings from the problematic mix.

Thanks for the help.

Dick43