There is a delay between instrumental and vocals

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zakisp

There is a delay between instrumental and vocals

Post by zakisp »

My processor is Ryzen 9 (a very powerful one), i have 32 GB of Ram (which is more than enough)
Sound interface Steinberg UR22 + Yamaha Driver installed, I use Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (64-bit)

When i record my vocal they are always not inlined with the instrumental there is a significant delay, so i need to move it sometimes it's hard to make it fit you see that the vocal doesn't sound coherent with the instrumental track

I prefer to use Wave RT to record since i want to use my PC sound card to hear the sound (and also because i want to keep my headphone plugged to the PC) and for the mic i select Line 2 for my Steinberg UR22 Interface in mixcraft arm

I don't want to use Asio if i do i don't hear any sound from mixcraft, maybe it plays from the sound interface output but i don't like the sound from the sound interface

So when i Record then i stop to hear the recording it doesn't align with the original instrumental it's always delayed, i'm having this issue since years and i never really thought about writing in the forum and finding solutions, it's making my music production work harder

If i click in the button that change the buffer (which is at 20) it force me to record at 16 bits 192khz and i tried different number did not work

Anybody who had this issue solved it ?
Mark Bliss

Re: There is a delay between instrumental and vocals

Post by Mark Bliss »

You are using a configuration that will always cause latency.
You need to monitor off of the same audio device as your input. And it would be best to use the asio driver designed for that audio device and purpose, and find the buffer setting that best suits your specific system. (Which, given the description of your computer- should provide very low latency)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page