Mixcraft 7 crashing on mixdown

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mammothplant

Mixcraft 7 crashing on mixdown

Post by mammothplant »

I'm using Mixcraft Home Studio 7.7, build 316. When I use too many complex instruments (i.e. stuff from Kontakt and whatnot), I'm unable to mix down a song without the program crashing on me. I don't want to have to sacrifice my song's quality just to get it to mix down. Is there a way to make it so it doesn't crash? Surely there must be a way.
JonInc

Re: Mixcraft 7 crashing on mixdown

Post by JonInc »

mammothplant wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm ...When I use too many complex instruments (i.e. stuff from Kontakt and whatnot), I'm unable to mix down a song without the program crashing on me.....
The more complex the MIDI instruments, the more resources required for processing (This is true with ANY DAW).

Best practice is to print the larger MIDI tracks individually to audio first before mixdown. It's a lot easier on your system if it's mixing down just audio.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 7 crashing on mixdown

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Or it might be a particular plugin that's causing the crash. Did you add a plugin to the project just before you started having the problem? Which plugin is in the project that's crashing, but not in projects that don't crash. Kontakt itself shouldn't be a problem, but do make sure that you've got the latest update for it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101