Exporting issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

WordDragon

Exporting issue

Post by WordDragon »

So I just found an issue today when my album is so close to being finished. :x When I record my vocals the dry stems sound crisp and clear within my DAW. Once I export the stems my vocals have a terrible reverb as if im recording in a hallway. I mute the track effects and everything. I dont know what is going on but this is a serious issue because its making all my songs sound off. PLEASE HELP!!
cactus-head

Re: Exporting issue

Post by cactus-head »

Are there any loopback or reverb settings on your audio interface that may cause this? My audio interface (AI) allows for reverb and delay through the AIs mixer to be either applied when recording or when monitoring only. Are other tracks affected? It would be strange that only the vocals would be targetted in this scenario. If it is only the vocals then there might be a send track or some effect that you are not deactivating. Do you have any effects on the Master track? Sometimes that can be overlooked.

You say export... so are you playing back mixed down versions of your project in some other player? What player and are there EQ and reverb settings on that player? Or are you pulling the mixdown back into Mixcraft?

Try starting a new project, record 1 vocal track - nothing else - without adding any effects. Mix down the project to .wav . Close that project open a new one and drag your mixed wave into Mixcraft. Does it echo? Play it in another player. Does it echo?