Maximizing midi-editor

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ferez21

Re: Maximizing midi-editor

Post by ferez21 »

Marthins wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:47 pm Thanks!
So if I have not misunderstood, to use this script I have to use the Autohotkey soft. So I'm going to download this software and I'll try it to see how it works.
Yes, exactly. and if you want to enable other shortcuts, do this:
Remove all the ";" from the leftmost side of every line in a certain block of text, then save the script, and reload it.

mixract autohotkey.jpg
mixract autohotkey.jpg (33.57 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
Marthins

Post by Marthins »

I already installed the AutoHotKeys, as everything is new for me and I have some doubts. How do I activate the script?
With Mixcraft opened, I open the AutoHotKey and then I do double click on the script, then I press F1 or F2 and what it does is just open the view menu, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Marthins wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:11 am I already installed the AutoHotKeys, as everything is new for me and I have some doubts. How do I activate the script?
With Mixcraft opened, I open the AutoHotKey and then I do double click on the script, then I press F1 or F2 and what it does is just open the view menu, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
What happens if you simply press Alt+v, wait 2 seconds, and then press "h"?
This should show/hide the details area regardless of the script, so if that doesn't work, it's not a problem with AutoHotkey.
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

hi ferez21,

after some changes I did according to the manual it works like a charm.

now pressing d opens/closes the details window.
notice, that I use the german keyboard layout, so I have other keys to use.

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive

d:: ; opens/closes details area
WinActivate, ahk_class Mixcraft Application ;focus on main window
Send !a
Send +d
Send +a
Send {Enter}
return
two questions:
- is there a reason for the kommata "," after the SEND commands?
- what do I have to change, that the shortcuts are only active, when I'm currently using mixcraft? It has to be sth. with "#IfWinActive", "WinActivate"...? Problem is, when I press "d" e.g. for writing text in this forum and mixcraft+script are started, mixcraft window opens, even if it's minimized or doesnt have focus currently.

thanks!
RS
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

RollingStone wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:56 am hi ferez21,

after some changes I did according to the manual it works like a charm.

now pressing d opens/closes the details window.
notice, that I use the german keyboard layout, so I have other keys to use.

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive

d:: ; opens/closes details area
WinActivate, ahk_class Mixcraft Application ;focus on main window
Send !a
Send +d
Send +a
Send {Enter}
return
two questions:
- is there a reason for the kommata "," after the SEND commands?
- what do I have to change, that the shortcuts are only active, when I'm currently using mixcraft? It has to be sth. with "#IfWinActive", "WinActivate"...? Problem is, when I press "d" e.g. for writing text in this forum and mixcraft+script are started, mixcraft window opens, even if it's minimized or doesnt have focus currently.

thanks!
RS
Hi,

1) There is usually no difference between using the comma or not, using the comma is more of the legacy way of writing the command, AutoHotkey sometimes acts weird, and sometimes the legacy commands will work better than the newer ones and vice versa, it's a matter of trial and error.

2) "#IfWinActive Mixcraft Application" before the commands, or "WinActivate, ahk_class Mixcraft Application" within the command, will make that command work only in Mixcraft, but again, AutoHotkey is not the most consistent thing and you'll find that sometimes some commands simply won't take effect, so yet again, trial and error is the key.

In general, "WinActivate, ahk_class Mixcraft Application" will actively force the focus on Mixcraft's window, while "#IfWinActive Mixcraft Application" simply makes the commands respond only when Mixcraft is already focused.

Hope that that helps
RollingStone

Post by RollingStone »

thanks!
yes, that's the only remaining problem. even if I use #IfWin... before or WinActive... within the command, the script still reacts regardless if mixcraft has focus or not.
but I guess this software has some potential with using mixcraft.