Instantly minimize/hide VI windows?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Instantly minimize/hide VI windows?

Post by mixyguy2 »

Is there a way to click on something and instantly minimize or hide all of the VI windows I have open so I can quickly view my tracks? It's quite easy for things to get cluttered on a DAW, as we all know, so this would be really handy...I get tired of clicking on and moving stuff out of the way. I looked through the manual but maybe I missed it? Hopefully? If not, that's my #1 Mixcraft 10 request. :)
cactus-head

Re: Instantly minimize/hide VI windows?

Post by cactus-head »

No Keyboard shortcut i'm aware of. Just View > Close All Windows
Last edited by cactus-head on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

mixyguy2 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:17 pm Is there a way to click on something and instantly minimize or hide all of the VI windows I have open so I can quickly view my tracks? It's quite easy for things to get cluttered on a DAW, as we all know, so this would be really handy...I get tired of clicking on and moving stuff out of the way. I looked through the manual but maybe I missed it? Hopefully? If not, that's my #1 Mixcraft 10 request. :)
Put the following code in a AutoHotKey script, it will close all windows when you press F1 (or any other hotkey you choose):
F1::
Send, !v
Sleep 10
Send, c
return
Alternatively, you can simply press "Alt+V" followed by "C"

* For the above shortcuts to work, the main window has to be in focus
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Ctrl+right-click on Change Instrument or FX will close all the virtual instruments or effects for that track.

(Right-clicking opens everything on that track).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Banjostar

Post by Banjostar »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 am Hi,

Ctrl+right-click on Change Instrument or FX will close all the virtual instruments or effects for that track.

Greg
Are you planning on introducing more shortcuts? It would speed up the workflow a lot.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's too early to tell which features will make it into Mixcraft 10. Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

ferez21 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 am Put the following code in a AutoHotKey script
Thanks but uh - a what? That's not even in the manual. :)

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 am Hi,

Greg
Thanks also Greg, but I meant plugins for ALL tracks...and ideally a toggle so I could bring them all right back. The idea is being able to quickly look at the tracks themselves without having to close/open a bunch of stuff, which is PITA.

And I second the shortcuts big time, this being #1!
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

mixyguy2 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:21 pm
ferez21 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 am Put the following code in a AutoHotKey script
Thanks but uh - a what? That's not even in the manual. :)
AutoHotkey is an external program that can create keyboard shortcuts and mouse/keyboard macros, quite easy to use and very useful, i use it as a workaround to add certain keyboard shortcuts that don't yet exist in Mixcraft.