Audio recording "drift" (desync over time)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

GlacialSpoon

Audio recording "drift" (desync over time)

Post by GlacialSpoon »

Hi, I was trialling using Mixcraft as a means to record podcasts. I ran a test and things seemed to be going well (two mics and a chat client's audio all recording on separate channels) but then I noticed the audio tracks started to drift aprat at the recording line. The two mic inputs from my interface started lagging behind and this got worse over time. By the end of 3:34:56 (that's three and a half hours) worth of test the audio drift was up to 51 seconds on one track (mic 1) and 44 seconds on another (mic 2). The output files were also of different lengths. It's like they are all recording at subtly different rates.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15p9Fn- ... sp=sharing

Isn't it a bit weird that the two sources from the interface (Focusrite 18i8 3rd gen) managed to be different from each other and then a lot different to the chat client source (a virtual audio cable)?

Has anyone come across this and does anyone have any tips for solving it? Is it a show stopping bug?

Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Audio recording "drift" (desync over time)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using ASIO mode? If not, try ASIO mode.

Also, be sure to download and install the latest driver from Focusrite's driver page.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101