Working on one song in separate MX9 projects.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mr.Mxyzptlk

Working on one song in separate MX9 projects.

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

I'm currently working on a song which is based heavily on the EastWest Orchestral libraries. They recently updated them making the sample files even more bigger and I think my PC is now beginning to buckle under the weight with some playback issues.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to split into two separate projects, possibly three, mix down each part then load into a master project and join together but not sure how that will work. I don't want it to sound like two or three bits just tacked together.

Any advice?
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
jwarv

Re: Working on one song in separate MX9 projects.

Post by jwarv »

I think that, if you keep levels the same, you won't be able to tell they are from different projects. Well, nobody else will. You might be cognizant of it because you did it, but not the rest of us. I've mixed one project and added vocals in a different project. Can't really tell. That's where the mixing part becomes crucial.