Mix Down to...Pitch is off

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cinema5010

Mix Down to...Pitch is off

Post by cinema5010 »

Im working on my 5th demo but i keep having issues with mixing down the track. I mix down to mp3 320kbs, but the pitch is a step down. So the track sounds slower. Ive even tried setting same as project tempo and pitch is at 0 on the project. Sounds normal speed on the project but when i mix down the pitch is a step down. Never had this issue with my other projects. anything helps. thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mix Down to...Pitch is off

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
cinema5010

Post by cinema5010 »

Hello ive checked out the post. Have all my enhancements disabled on windows and my sample rate is at 48000 on the pc as well as the wav. Restarted the Pc Same issue. It sounds normal when i played the wav back on mixcraft though.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You mixed down to a wav file with a sample rate of 48000 Hz this time? And when you load the mixed-down file back into Mixcraft, it plays at the correct pitch?

What are you using to play this new wav file when the pitch sounds wrong?

Greg
cinema5010

Post by cinema5010 »

Yes exported the file to wav at 48000 played fine on mixcraft. used windows media player to playback the files. But now even my project has slowed down in pitch. Even though i didnt mess with it. Checked the project pitch is at 0. So i dont know whats going on. Could be my computer. Might have to transfer everything to a different machine to see if does the same thing.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try it again and if it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
cinema5010

Post by cinema5010 »

So I decided to redo the whole track again in a new project. Re-recorded everything and mixed it down to mp3. Works totally fine now. Mp3 sounds at normal pitch. Dont know what did wrong the first time. Thank for the help Greg!