3rd Party plug-ins & hardware

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BarryOates

3rd Party plug-ins & hardware

Post by BarryOates »

I've noticed lately that many suppliers of plug-ins, etc. never mention Mixcraft in their list of supported DAWs. I wonder whether this discourages consumers from switching to Mixcraft in the belief that their plug-ins or hardware will not be supported. Perhaps Mixcraft is not selling itself enough in the marketplace. Any thoughts?
ferez21

Re: 3rd Party plug-ins & hardware

Post by ferez21 »

Perhaps...Mixcraft definitely flies under the radar of many, and could use better marketing and exposure. The problem is that many are stuck in the past and think Mixcraft is an amateur-ish looking, basic-featured software because of what they remember from the first versions of Mixcraft, and newer producers barely know the name Mixcraft. In my opinion Acoustica needs to levarage the success of Cherry Audio (Sister company/same people), it's weird to me that they don't mention it anywhere considering how much positive buzz and reviews Voltage Modular gets.
Also the fact that Mixcraft is bundled with some truly ancient plugins, may not give a good impression (despite some of these plugins being decent), and the same goes to the inconsistencies in the interface, just to name a few obvious issues that make people overlook Mixcraft.

In 2021 you have Cakewalk which is a fully featured polished looking DAW being given for free, and i saw in other forums people say "Why would i get Mixcraft if i can get Cakewalk for free?", the competition is tough and people will naturally gravitate toward thebmore "polished" looking products.
It doesn't change the fact that Mixcraft is very good, i mean, here i am, ditched my FL Studio, sold my Studio One Pro and Bitwig, and right now using Mixcraft exclusively because it's easy and I'm tired of enlessly tweaking and setting up things in order to do basic actions, but i too overlooked Mixcraft for a long time because of questionable first impression.
pbognar

Post by pbognar »

I think when Mixcraft 10 comes out, Acoustica should target specific competitors and compare features. Currently, I think the only thing they compare to is Garage Band which may give potential buyers the wrong impression.

Maybe they could have a campaign where users who've never used a DAW compare it to the competition to see how fast they can create a tune without looking at the manual.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Advertising and catering specifically to any product is usually a dollars game. There's give and take between the developers and sales teams to try and push their particular VSTs to make money. The more the most common DAW names are dropped the higher the price for some specific VST can be. If one wants Mixcraft price(s) to go up then by all means have them push to mimic the other guys in the marketplace.

If the VST is written well from the beginning, it should be compatible with whatever DAW it is run on if it is made to the correct specifications of that protocal (VST, VST3, AU, etc.). Don't get wrapped up in ideas like "marketplace" representation.

If someone owns a particular VST, and are worried about compatibility they can try out Mixcraft before buying it. If anyone is serious about deciding whether or not a certain DAW is for them, they have to do more than watch a youtube video and read a comment from @MacdaddyLovesLogic (or @cactus-head for that matter :D )

In a strange sort of way, I feel like I found a rare gem with Mixcraft and selfishly don't want the world in on my secret.