Need help installing Waves Plugins 2021

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

chhetri18

Need help installing Waves Plugins 2021

Post by chhetri18 »

Hello, Mixcraft members and team.

I am having some issues with waves plugins. I have already installed the latest version of waves central 12.
I bought CLA epic and wanted to try it out, it appears that when I click on my fx list and click on cla epic, either vst 3 or not, it doesn't appear.

Any idea why this is happening? I have CLA epic installed and activated.

Thank you in advance.
ferez21

Re: Need help installing Waves Plugins 2021

Post by ferez21 »

My Waves plugins worked fine right after the first time installed them, so while i haven't experienced your situation, i can confirm that Waves plugins can work properly.

I would suggest the basic troubleshooting step of uninstalling the plugins and Waves central, and installing them again.
Also, did you try scanning for new plugins from the Settings menu? The initial scan on start up recognizes new plugins, but the one from the settings menu is a deeper scan that verifies them if I'm not mistaken, at least that's how it worked fir me in other DAWs i used in which Waves needed the deeper scan to be fully functional.
chhetri18

Post by chhetri18 »

Thanks for your reply!
I will try this. Mind if I ask, what version of Waves Central are you using? I assuming 12.2? Latest at this time.
And are you using the latest version of Mixcraft 9?

My plugins like CLA EPIC are showing but once I click on them on the fx, the plugins disappear.
It's only for waves, not other plugins.
chhetri18

Post by chhetri18 »

Hello! An Update!

I finally solved this. Here is the solution in case you would ever like to try it. It worked 100% for me. It's pretty much repairing the Visual C++ programs. I did it for each one. I hope this helps you. Please do share if you know many who have had the same issue.

Waves support told me to do this, and it worked"

Please follow the next steps in order to repair the Redistributables on your computer:

Quit all apps

Open Control Panel and navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.

Scroll down and locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) double-click it and click Repair.

Run the same process with:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64 ) / (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019 Redistributable (x64) / (x84)

If asked to restart close the message and continue the process,
Once done Restart your computer.
After you have restarted your computer,
Launch REAPER/Mixcraft and perform a rescan following the steps in the How to Find Your Plugins in REAPER/Mixcraft