Mixcraft included izotope mastering essentials - same as elements?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sturdy

Mixcraft included izotope mastering essentials - same as elements?

Post by Sturdy »

Hi, Does anyone know if the izotope "mastering essentials" included in Mixcraft Pro are similar to izotope "mastering elements"?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ring-suite

I kindof like what mastering essentials included with mixcraft pro did on the first mix I tried, and I notice the izotope "mastering elements" is on sale at various sites through the end of the month - but can't tell if it really adds much to what I currently have with essentials? From the description the "elements" sounds similar to "essentials" with exception of an AI aided assistant? (I've looked and can find on comparison between essentials and elements, so I assume essentials is something created for bundling with Mixcraft and is not for sale standalone?)

thanks,
cactus-head

Re: Mixcraft included izotope mastering essentials - same as elements?

Post by cactus-head »

I believe essentials was specifically designed for acoustica mixcraft since release 6. i use other Izotope products. The assistant, if it functions the same as the full version, can be kinda of helpful. For example, if you made an EDM tune and you just love how a particular Antiserum song was mastered, you could use that as a reference and the assistant will "listen" and set up a suggested starting point for your mastering.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I'd go as far as to say that the izotopes elements line is far more current and useful, and while some might find it useful, the essentials package is quite dated.

Simple answer- no, not the same at all. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

Excellent info. Thanks for the replies! ;-)
Brother Charles

Post by Brother Charles »

No, not the same at all. The bundled iZotope Masterng FX included with Mixcraft Pro Studio are old, 32-bit only processors. It would be forgivable if they were at least 64 bit, but being so old, and not natively 64 bit, makes them a fast, hard pass for me. :roll:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Mark Bliss wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:53 am I'd go as far as to say that the izotopes elements line is far more current and useful, and while some might find it useful, the essentials package is quite dated.
Simple answer- no, not the same at all. 8)
but-wait.jpg
but-wait.jpg (70.22 KiB) Viewed 922 times

gold.jpg
gold.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 922 times

I got this bundle a couple days ago for $49 USD. This is a great deal to be sure, includes Elements 9 plus other goodies. 8)

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/holiday ... -gold.html