Feature Suggestion

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sturdy

Feature Suggestion

Post by Sturdy »

Hi, I'm enjoying Mixcraft and wanted to contribute a suggestion. I didn't see a separate forum for Mixcraft product suggestions, so am just putting this here. If there is another forum where I should contribute suggestions please advise.

Anyhow, I've recently been downloading some plugins and had these thoughts:

1) When adding VSTs. It'd be nice if instead of "rescan all vst" there was an alternate option to just rescan new arrivals when mixcraft encounters one it hasn't loaded yet. Scanning the entire list of vst starts taking a long time (along with ilok warnings popping up if it's not on).
2) after scanning, it'd be nice if there was a "recently added" folder/category in the mixcraft vst dropdown containing newest "n" new additions so they're easier to find after addition (helps with registration and categorization).
3) This third suggestion is farther down the list, but it'd be nice if there was a user created "notes" text box associated with each vst that we could access when the vst is open - a place for notes on usage, or a way to add a link to the manual for that vst. I'm actually not sure how many people would use it, but it's clear to me that unfamiliar vsts are much easier to use and understand in the context of usage notes, instructions, manual, or intended use guide. So many pop up with a screen of knobs and it's often unclear what they do.

Anyhow, just throwing those out as a $0.02 suggestions for consideration.
ferez21

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by ferez21 »

Sturdy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:20 pm Hi, I'm enjoying Mixcraft and wanted to contribute a suggestion. I didn't see a separate forum for Mixcraft product suggestions, so am just putting this here. If there is another forum where I should contribute suggestions please advise.

Anyhow, I've recently been downloading some plugins and had these thoughts:

1) When adding VSTs. It'd be nice if instead of "rescan all vst" there was an alternate option to just rescan new arrivals when mixcraft encounters one it hasn't loaded yet. Scanning the entire list of vst starts taking a long time (along with ilok warnings popping up if it's not on).
2) after scanning, it'd be nice if there was a "recently added" folder/category in the mixcraft vst dropdown containing newest "n" new additions so they're easier to find after addition (helps with registration and categorization).
3) This third suggestion is farther down the list, but it'd be nice if there was a user created "notes" text box associated with each vst that we could access when the vst is open - a place for notes on usage, or a way to add a link to the manual for that vst. I'm actually not sure how many people would use it, but it's clear to me that unfamiliar vsts are much easier to use and understand in the context of usage notes, instructions, manual, or intended use guide. So many pop up with a screen of knobs and it's often unclear what they do.

Anyhow, just throwing those out as a $0.02 suggestions for consideration.
May wanna post it here:
https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18343
Acoustica Greg

Re: Feature Suggestion

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You can actually drag and drop newly installed VST dll directly files into Mixcraft. This automatically adds the new plugin’s VST folder to the list of known VST folders (if it’s not already there). The next time you open Mixcraft, plug-ins from the new folder will be scanned.

I never use the scan option, I just restart Mixcraft.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101