copy clips between projects (and 1 more question)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ferez21

copy clips between projects (and 1 more question)

Post by ferez21 »

Hi,

1) How to I copy MIDI clips between different projects?
I tired an advice I saw here on the forum, saying to copy the clip or the notes (tried both), then close Mixcraft and open a different project, then paste it there, but it didn't work - there was nothing stored in the clipboard ("paste" option was grayed out).

2) Is there a way to change clip volume envelopes (or any other parameter for that matter) for numerous similar clips at the same time?
I have an audio clip (yellow) that is repeating throughout the whole song, I need to adjust the volume envelope of that audio clip, but I need all its instances to be adjusted as well:

clip volume.JPG
clip volume.JPG (64.74 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: copy clips between projects (and 1 more question)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can copy from one Mixcraft project to another, and the secret is to not quit Mixcraft. Copy, open another project within the same instance of Mixcraft and then paste.

There's no option to change multiple envelopes like that. You best bet might be to change one, then copy and paste it to the other locations.

You can preform some operations on multiple clips. Select them, and you can rename them all, change the parameters in the Sound tab's Time section (like Offset, Length #Loops, etc.), and a few other things.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ferez21

Re: copy clips between projects (and 1 more question)

Post by ferez21 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:26 pm Hi,

You can copy from one Mixcraft project to another, and the secret is to not quit Mixcraft. Copy, open another project within the same instance of Mixcraft and then paste.

There's no option to change multiple envelopes like that. You best bet might be to change one, then copy and paste it to the other locations.

You can preform some operations on multiple clips. Select them, and you can rename them all, change the parameters in the Sound tab's Time section (like Offset, Length #Loops, etc.), and a few other things.

Greg
Hi Greg,

Ok, now I understand how to do that, hopefully there will be a more convenient way (like FL Studio's project bones, or Studio One's browser that lets you drag and drop any part of any project, into any other project) to copy elements from one track to the other.

Also hoping there will be better handling of duplicate tracks in the future, as it is a basic feature of almost any loop-conscious DAW (especially useful for electronic producers).

Thank you for your help