AAS player question - any users here?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sturdy

AAS player question - any users here?

Post by Sturdy »

Hi all, I'm wondering if there are any "AAS player" users here, and if so, if you're able to have presets on the player recall when you load your mixcraft 9 project? I've been unable to get the AAS player preset settings to recall when reloading a project - always have to manually reset. (In my case the AAS player currently always loads with preset 1). I'm using the VST3 version of AAS player, but did try VST2 and it would play in the project, but have only had hard crashes after changing the synth to vst2 and trying to reopen project.

I've seen a previous thread here having difficulty with AAS presets so it may be maybe an incompatibility in general, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about vsts to know. So as first step was wondering if there are some AAS player users here who are able to get presets to load if used in a project? thanks in advance,

edit: adding pic to show what I see - where mixcraft sees a preset I've save for a preset(By the ocean, presently preset 137 is what I'm trying to get to recall), but always loads with preset "1 - Fat 48" selected.
Attachments
mixcr_vst3_aas.jpg
mixcr_vst3_aas.jpg (188.86 KiB) Viewed 651 times
cactus-head

Re: AAS player question - any users here?

Post by cactus-head »

Hello,

First, the AAS player is built into Mixcraft so I'm not sure if you need a separate download. Maybe because a version exists it conflicts?

Second, if you are using an external keyboard or controller, if you you are sending a program change somehow of Bank 0 Patch 0 that will reset AAS to the first preset.

And last, try using Journeys as your instrument. This is the built in AAS instrument. Hopefully when you look at the bank drop down you will see Swatches. I don't have Swatches so it wasn't an option. I was able to choose A Warm Pad under the Entangled Species Bank and then in the instrument selection screen I was able to use Save Preset... . I saved the project after that and when I opened the project back up, It defaulted to my preset - A warm Pad.

AAS a warm pad.JPG
AAS a warm pad.JPG (150.44 KiB) Viewed 616 times
Sturdy

Re: AAS player question - any users here?

Post by Sturdy »

Hi cactus-head,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize Journeys and with it the Entagled Species packs from AAS were already in Mixcraft. The good news is the preset using Journeys vst did save and behave as expected on reload. It's just the AAS player with swatches that's not recalling the preset. I checked what you suggested and AAS Swatches unfortunately does not show up under the dropdown with Journeys and Entagled Species in the top dropdown on Journeys though. I currently have to use the AAS player vst to get those sounds (it comes with the free AAS player as part of install I think).

If I can't figure out the preset save using AAS player I'll probably just not use other AAS packs as I suspect they'll want AAS player. They do have some cool sound packs though, although I could just manually reset each time too if I really wanted to. For AAS player it seems all I have to do is highlight and reselect the already existing/showing preset again in the instruments section of mixcraft's vst window and it refreshes/recalls the preset properly. It just doesn't do it automatically when the file opens even though that By the Ocean preset is showing. I'm new to this and just trying out stuff learn and understand how stuff works, but it is working differently than the Journeys version did.

Here's the info on the free swatches w/ AAS player if interested.
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/swatches/

thanks again, appreciated. if anyone else is using aas player and has same effect in mixcraft 9 I'd appreciate a confirm or disconfirm to make sure it a more general effect that I'm presently seeing.