Virtual Insrument Plays but Will Not Record

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

justicej

Virtual Insrument Plays but Will Not Record

Post by justicej »

This is very frustrating - I have an existing very simple project with 3 analog tracks and 1 virtual instrument track which contains a simple percussion track.

I have added a virtual instrument track and armed it with "All Mid Input Devices." I am using an Alesis Keyboard. The keyboard is recognized and plays fine. All seems good, however, I cannot get the track to record. I have armed the track with "All MIDI Input Devices," but when I hit record, the channel remains blank (no red track is laid down).

I have started a new project to test the problem and in the new project, the Virtual track records without a hitch. I have also created a new Virtual Instrument track in the project I am working on (thinking perhaps it is just hiccup in the channel) and the new Virtual channel does not record either. I also tried the musical typing feature just to test - does not record.

This feels like a bug - am I missing something. I would like to get on with this project.
Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Virtual Insrument Plays but Will Not Record

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which virtual instrument is selected on that track?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
justicej

Post by justicej »

Small Hall Piano
justicej

Post by justicej »

The other MIDI track is using Omni Sampler - I experimented by trying to remove that track - still no go. I also have added new VI tracks and used the default Acoustic Piano - still will not record. I can hear the instrument, but will not lay down the track.

I feel like I have had analog tracks do the same thing and I have just started a new track and it works. But that is not working here.

This is Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio btw
justicej

Post by justicej »

RESOLVED

OK - Argh argh argh! I just found the issue. I am an idiot. I had 'Punch In' enabled on a different part of the tracks. My bad entirely. Might as well leave this thread up cuz someone else is bound to do this.

Cheers!
Jatin Thakur

Post by Jatin Thakur »

I also get same issue more often! This is very frustrating! I hope they will update these bugs and fix them in Mixcraft 10
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Jatin Thakur wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:40 am I also get same issue more often! This is very frustrating! I hope they will update these bugs and fix them in Mixcraft 10
This problem has been resolved (see above).

If you're not having the same issue, please send in a support request with more details about exactly what's going on.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101