Performance mode without a mouse

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ferez21

Performance mode without a mouse

Post by ferez21 »

Hi,

Is it possible to have total control in performance mode without using the mouse?

I want to be able to do live-recording and looping, and for that i need to be able to arm a track and a specific slot, and be able to move up and down (and left/right) to different tracks and slots.
'Ctrl+B' will arm a track, but will not arm a slot, and using the up/down arrows, moves the caret between tracks but unfortunately also moves whatever clip is selected, and I just want to be able to move to an empty slot without moving any clip.

Another question, how do I record over an existing clip in the grid?

image_2021-08-05_211137.png
image_2021-08-05_211137.png (44.72 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

Cheers
Sturdy

Re: Performance mode without a mouse

Post by Sturdy »

Hi ferez, you're way more knowledgeable than me about mixcraft and probably already tried it, but I was in "overdub" recording mode by accident the other day and it was recording over what was already there. Don't know if it works that way in the performance mode you mention though.
ferez21

Re: Performance mode without a mouse

Post by ferez21 »

Sturdy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:06 am Hi ferez, you're way more knowledgeable than me about mixcraft and probably already tried it, but I was in "overdub" recording mode by accident the other day and it was recording over what was already there. Don't know if it works that way in the performance mode you mention though.
Hi, thanks for your suggestion,
Unfortunately, it doesnt work the same way in performance mode, because once you have a clip occupying a certain slot, there is no "record" button visible for that slot anymore.