Controller weirdness

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DrSausageGoat

Controller weirdness

Post by DrSausageGoat »

Hi All, this is my first post, I'm a new user.
I have a question about the assigning of faders on my AKAI 249 to control Mixcraft mixer faders.(Did the online tutorial and thought I understood it all :-) )
My first project worked exactly as advertised. I assigned all the midi functions to my controller and all worked correctly. I saved the patch on the AKAI, called it Mixcraft. In my next project I used the same patch on the AKAI but now fader 7 & 8 on the Mixcraft mixer would not respond when I used the controller faders. I opened up the MIDI Learn dialog to make sure 8 faders were turned on, they were but what was interesting was that only the first 6 faders were showing a purple highlight on the screen, 7 and 8 were displayed normally, without the highlight. So I decided to load in the correct value of the slider and pan controls by hand. I did this but the controller still doesn't work correctly.

If I go back to my original project and use the Mixcraft patch on the MPK it works correctly again. I've clearly stuffed something up in the second project but I've run out of ideas on how to fix it...

What am I doing wrong ?

I've attached a pic of what the MIDI Learn looks like, show fader 7 & 8 not highlighted.

Cheers
Attachments
7 and 8.JPG
7 and 8.JPG (279.6 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
ferez21

Re: Controller weirdness

Post by ferez21 »

It seems that Master Drums is a submix and includes additional channels nested under it, probably some of your faders control these channels that are nested under Master Drums.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Controller weirdness

Post by Rolling Estonian »

^This, now I always have my drum tracks as my last track, you learned this faster than I did! lol

M