Waves glitch

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Barbra Streisand

Waves glitch

Post by Barbra Streisand »

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a Waves plugin to work in Mixcraft (9 Pro Studio). More specifically, I'm trying to install their Renaissance Maxx bundle and everything seems to be working fine, except for one darn plugin, the R Compressor, which only works in the mono version. With the stereo version, only the gain slider works; none of the other sliders and knobs have any impact on the sound.

As per the suggestion of someone in another Waves related thread on this forum, I've tried reparing all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ on my computer, but to no effect. Has anyone on here encountered a similar problem?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Waves glitch

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try the VST2 version of the plugin instead of the VST3 version.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Barbra Streisand

Post by Barbra Streisand »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the installation process is managed by Waves' "Waves Central" software, and I don't think that lets you choose between VST2 and VST3. I contacted their support people about the problem and their only comment was that Mixcraft is "not a supported DAW". How wonderfully helpful. That made me uninstall Waves Central, but maybe I'll try reinstalling it again tomorrow and check for the VST 2 option. Thanks again.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Waves Central can be a total PITA! But what Greg says is usually it, not sure where in Waves central but it will ask you which plugs you want installed, you can select vst2 and when you go to select it in your vst menu in MC it'll have vst3 and vst2 versions, choose the vst2. If the vst2 isn't there look in your vst list and see if it needs to be checked. As for 'unsupported DAW' pish, they work fine in MC.

M