Mixcraft static and slow play

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Bobby J.L.

Mixcraft static and slow play

Post by Bobby J.L. »

Long time forum user. My laptop crashed recently, lost password so had to start a new account.

I have mixcraft on my desk top. While playing a recorded song I stopped play for approx 10 minutes then proceeded to play start mixcraft again. It was playing slowly and sounded more like static-y white noise. Uninstalled drivers for interface and reinstalled 2 times, rebooted numerous times with no luck. Same results.

My set up is as follows...
Cybertron 4 core gamer 64 bit (4years old)
Soundcraft Signature 22 multi-track board
Quality XLR cables from Mixer/interface to JBL monitors
Quality USB cable from computer to mixer/interface
and JBL monitors which I don't see would contribute to problem at hand

Never hand an issue as such unless I used lots and lots virtual instruments.
Have had 18 plus tracks all with low cpu usage vsts and possibly 1-2 virtual instruments running. CPU mixcraft was always low around 10% or less and now approx 17-18% and "spiking" 19-20% and system was usually 30-35%. System is about the same as always.

Played mp3's in windows media player and YouTube videos with no problem, plays from my mixer/interface.

Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Bobby L.
Bobby J.L.

Re: Mixcraft static and slow play

Post by Bobby J.L. »

Anyone? Just tried again next day same results.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Check to see if your Windows settings match your I/O settings, ie. 24bit 44.100k. Possibly your PC isn't powerful enough, what are the specs (processor and RAM). You can probably get away with recording one track at a time and freezing the others but depending on your processor and RAM it could all be a waste of time.

Also, check the individual plugins, that could be it.

M
Bobby J.L.

Post by Bobby J.L. »

Rolling Estonian,
Thanks for the input. BTW....I have been using Pro Studio 9 since it's release.

I will check the setting per your suggestion, understanding that sometimes computer setting can change. I bought this computer 4 years ago from a suggestion from this forum and called the suppler, Cybertron, conveying mixcraft software specs and what they recommend to operate the software. This computer far exceeded the requirements. The computer was always "powerful" enough for 4 years. Never had to freeze any tracks while recording or playing recorded tracks even with a couple virtual instrument tracks running.

So I'll check on the setting and if that isn't an issue then I'll uninstall and reinstall mixcraft and the interface driver.

Thank you again for your input. Sounds like a perfect starting point before buying a new computer!
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

If your computer crashed, if you know what caused the crash it may be a clue as to what is happening now. Try checking your antivirus settings and see if it's working overtime or creating more load than it needs to.

Also, check the task manager and see if there are any "new" processes or services that are running in the background that may seem unusual or not what you expect.

Something is causing the spike... try running mixcraft when you are not connected to the internet. Compare the performance both connected and unconnected.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Bobby J.L.

Post by Bobby J.L. »

All great input! Thanks for your time. Just did an uninstall and reinstall and that seems to have "fixed" the problem.
This forum have always given the best ideas. A positive adult forum too!