Mixcraft 9 crash upon choosing "Preferences"

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

conticreative

Mixcraft 9 crash upon choosing "Preferences"

Post by conticreative »

Suddenly, my Mixcraft 9 is crashing when I try to open the program preferences from the menu or using Ctrl-Alt-P

It thinks for a few seconds at the most, and then the window just disappears.

The last time I used Mixcraft on this computer was before a trip I just came back from. If I recall, one of the last things I did was to experiment with my Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22 to see what protocol worked best, since I was having latency issues.
I do not remember how I left the preferences, but obviously whatever I did wasn't good.
Additionally, it could also be some VST I may have installed.
I renamed the VST folder to see if that fixed things, but it didn't.

Is there a way to bypass the preferences? Maybe a file rename or delete or even an edit?

How can I solve this issue? The only post I found that was similar was from 2012 and the post ended with a tech asking for access, but no one update the post with a resolution.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers.

Windows 10
Dell Laptop with Core I5
conticreative

Re: Mixcraft 9 crash upon choosing "Preferences"

Post by conticreative »

I found a crash log in \AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\Mixcraft

I attached both files as a ZIP:

Mixcraft-Crash.txt
Mixcraft-Log.txt
Mixcraft.zip
(77.88 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the Behringer interface isn't connected, try connecting it before you start Mixcraft.

If that suggestion doesn't help, run the file called "Reset Audio To Factory Defaults" that is in your Acoustica Mixcraft 9 program files folder.

C:\Program Files\Acoustica Mixcraft 9

Also make sure that you have the latest audio drivers for your sound device. Check the manufacturer's web page in the support/download area.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
conticreative

Post by conticreative »

Thank you. The sound card is connected, or it was at some point. In any event I tried with it connected and disconnected with the same result.

That said, "Reset Audio To Factory Defaults" sounds like what the dr. ordered, thank you.,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

And you should be able to use ASIO or WaveRT with the Behringer, so maybe you just need to download and install the driver from their web page.

Greg
conticreative

Post by conticreative »

I do have the drivers. If I recall, there is only the ASIO driver available. When I blasted Mixcraft I was just fooling around with the settings to see if maybe I could get better performance from the non-ASIO protocols.
I couldn't, but obviously I messed something up.

I am currently on my work computer (the other Mixcraft computer, but also the one without any MIDI controller). I'll have to wait for the end of day to fix my music station. I promise I won't touch the audio preferences anymore.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Sometimes downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer's web page can fix an outdated or corrupted driver file.

Greg
conticreative

Post by conticreative »

I'll give that a shot. I usually try to keep updated on drivers but I could have missed a release.
My bigger problem is the stack of sound cards that no longer work with any modern version of Windows. That ticks me off.

I have a Lexicon sound card that I paid very good money for a few years back, and now is barely recognized by the OS (It sees it as a "Generic Sound card).
Fortunately, Mixcraft recognizes it still, and it works OK, but I have plenty of old sound cards that I am sure would work fine if only they wrote new drivers for them.
Funny story, all of them, except my very oldest card from the late 90s, are recognized as sound devices by my iPad. No drivers necessary.
Yet, none of those cards work past Windows XP. I just can't bring myself to toss them.