PRO TOOLS LAST!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jwarv

PRO TOOLS LAST!

Post by jwarv »

I just downloaded Pro Tools First for the second (and probably last) time to see if there were any improvements. I've been awkwardly attempting to make music with it without any tutorials. And even when I tried to watch Youtube videos with the DAW open I couldn't get the sound to work online because PTF was holding the audio hostage. But if I shut PTF down I can't try out the suggestions in real-time. And quite frankly, I'm already deflated from wanting to figure out anything else going forward.

So, what am I saying? That I never had that kind of trouble from the get-go with Mixcraft. Anything I've had to ask for help with was for those extra features that only help to enhance my projects, but never held me back or had me knackered from making music.

It's good to visit other DAWs now and then to build and maintain an appreciation for what we have.
jwarv

Re: PRO TOOLS LAST!

Post by jwarv »

I can only imagine the full version, then. Too much of a learning curve for me. And I've tried other daws. None of them even come close to Mixcraft as far as ease of use on first try. Maybe Acid, but there are some aspects that Mixcraft beats. It's like someone watched me and my mouse/keyboard choices and took notes. :D
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

Looks like they supply a bunch of vst's and samples with PT Lite. Xpand2 is a fine instrument. FL Studio looks slick but is fairly frustrating to me and I have been avoiding all the free updates. I do use FL Studio vst's from Mixcraft but they don't make doing that easy, some extra activation steps. My favorite synth is Vacuum from Air....I get such lushness with just a bit of tweaking...
https://youtu.be/jn9PoXnNqtk
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

HI gaffster, if you want to grab them as standalone vsts, pluginboutique has constant sales on alot of the AIR Music tech stuff in packs and individually (Hybrid, MiniGrand, Velvet, DB-33, Vacuum (and Pro), Expand2, Loom2, and some other stuff). I've got a lot of it. It's on sale now, and if you miss sales just be patient and you regularly see deep discounts. I think it requires iLok - so that's kindof a pain but once it's setup it's OK - although I've seen some people have had bad problems with ilok it's worked OK for me and there's some other useful stuff I use requires ilok (Sonivox's Solina Redux and Essential Keyboard Collection, Softtube's Saturation Knob, Slate Audio's Fresh Air, Pulsar Audio's Smasher, and Exponential Audio's Pheonixverb).

https://www.pluginboutique.com/manufacturers/146
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

halcyon68 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:04 am It's not that hard to use and it's a fine DAW
Yes it is and no it's not. Utter crap IMO. It just amazes me that they haven't gone bankrupt. Crap product, laughably high prices, crap support and attitude, the list goes on. But they're somehow still riding that so-called "industry standard" BS to the bank, largely IMO because many musicians are fools who go to a studio and think if it isn't using Pro Tools, they aren't using the best, which couldn't be more wrong.
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

mixyguy2 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 pm
halcyon68 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:04 am It's not that hard to use and it's a fine DAW
Yes it is and no it's not. Utter crap IMO. It just amazes me that they haven't gone bankrupt. Crap product, laughably high prices, crap support and attitude, the list goes on. But they're somehow still riding that so-called "industry standard" BS to the bank, largely IMO because many musicians are fools who go to a studio and think if it isn't using Pro Tools, they aren't using the best, which couldn't be more wrong.
I have a friend in an Asian country who was tasked with recording and mixing vocals for songs that were originally in English but had been translated into the local language. He's used to using Reaper & Garageband. But the directors who sent him the files required the use of Protools. They asked him what he had against it and wondered why anyone would use anything else. He said he had nothing against it, except the price tag. But after working with it, he wasn't impressed.

In any case, I agree with the above sentiments. DAWs have come too far for there to be any more "Software Snobs". :wink: