Cannot drag and drop a mp3 file with unicode codepoints

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

frogbone

Cannot drag and drop a mp3 file with unicode codepoints

Post by frogbone »

Hi all,

i've got an Audio CD with Japanese song titles and after ripping the songs to disc, i tried to drag and drop a mp3 file named '棚橋 信仁 - FRIENDLY.mp3' with unicode codepoints within the directory name as well as the file name. In the file name there are 4 japanese codepoints: 26842, 27211, 20449 and 20161 which are all codepoints of the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP) which means no surrogates are neccessary (utf-16 in memory). Some software can deal with the BMP but not with codepoints of the higher planes, that all nead surrogates to encode the codepoint, because the codepoints are beyond the word range (> 65535/0xFFFF).

When i rename directory and filename and get rid of the japanese codepoints, drag & drop works at a glance and an audio track will be created.
I have used Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio (64 Bit).

Try it yourself by unzipping the attached zip file using unzip here.
I had to shorten the song and decreased quality in order to keep the attachment small.

Hey Now,

frogbone
Attachments
棚橋 信仁.zip
Just part of the song, decreased quality
(497.97 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Mark Bliss

Re: Cannot drag and drop a mp3 file with unicode codepoints

Post by Mark Bliss »

This is a known issue. No unicode.
Rename.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
frogbone

Re: Cannot drag and drop a mp3 file with unicode codepoints

Post by frogbone »

Mark Bliss wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:12 am This is a known issue. No unicode.
Rename.
Thanks for the reply, i didn't know it's a known issue. But "No unicode" is not true for every context, german ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü as well as ß do work fine in the text strings when choosing german as the Mixcraft language and these codepoints are all beyond ASCII e. g. higher than 127.
Hey Now,

frogbone