Mixer screen rows are blank

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rvkitch

Mixer screen rows are blank

Post by rvkitch »

Holy Cow !! What did I do?
I just opened up a project I've been working on for a while. I went to the mixer tab and there was nothing there except rows and rows of the same individual VST instrument, which were blank. ( 32 to be exact). I must have hit something before I closed the last session. There are 32 Kicks, 32 high hats, and 32 of everything else. There is nothing coming up in the Mixer screen. I can still play back the project, but each VST shows 32 outputs, and with 12 tracks, well, that's a lot of stuff.

What did I screw up this time???
rodal_60

Re: Mixer screen rows are blank

Post by rodal_60 »

Hello rvkitch....In the mixer on the first column, with the names of the tacks make a right click on that you have 32 child tracks, a sub-menu appears ,then click on " Collapse All Child Tracks".....Hope this help you....

Regards,
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

How you did it: my guess. It sounds like you had indivdual drum tracks and others each with it's own VST. I think the VST you loaded was a "multi" which would allow you to have multiple output routing for each track - probably a Kontakt library. When selecting an instrument there is a configuration button at the bottom of the dialog window. Clilcking on that will show you if the instrument is defined to have multiple outputs. In my example below, you can see the Kontakt 5 instrument has 54 individual outputs defined. I would place a check mark next to each one I would want to appear in Mixcraft, or uncheck all if I just want the output for the track to be used. My guess is you loaded up multi-instruments that had several or all of these outputs checked. You notice I unchecked the "Automatically add all output tracks for Virtual Instruments" - that's because by default I don't want to accidentally add 32 outputs for each VST. :wink:

kontakt.JPG
kontakt.JPG (74.17 KiB) Viewed 665 times

kontakt-multi.JPG
kontakt-multi.JPG (43.75 KiB) Viewed 665 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rvkitch

Post by rvkitch »

Thanks All of you!!
Yes, I had every output on every VST raring to go! It went from a 12 track project to a 300 ish track project. I'm wondering if I will ever really get the DAW thing. But for now,
Thank You All!!!!!!

I'm still having tons-o-fun!!