Audio files edited in Melodyne will not play.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

pct03

Audio files edited in Melodyne will not play.

Post by pct03 »

hey, I've been a long time user of Mixcraft (currenty using Mixcraft 9 PS) and I just started using Melodyne Assistant for autotuning vocals and such. Yesterday, I was able to edit the short mp3 audio clip perfectly fine, and it played back flawlessly. However, when I saved the project and loaded it today, the audio files playback, but with no sound whatsoever. all of the preferences and settings stayed the same, and the MIDI tracks above the audio files work the same, but for whatever reason, the mp3 files would playback with no volume. I even loaded the same original mp3 clip back into mixcraft, and it worked, but as soon as I opened up Melodyne on it in the sound tab, there was no sound. Even weirder, there are 4 different notes in this specific clip, and when i dragged around the first two, they started making noise in playback, but it didnt work for the last 2 notes. I even loaded previous save files and there was no noise. I reinstalled the whole Melodyne Software and nothing changed. Whats going on here and how do I fix it?

UPDATE - I guess I found a decent fix for it, I just reset the algorithms and the clip played back again. Have to redo the editing, but hey it works now.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Audio files edited in Melodyne will not play.

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to let us know you found a solution.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
joeseye

Post by joeseye »

I'm currently having this problem.

I've edited multiple vocal audio recordings using Melodyne in a single track/lane within Mixcraft 9. Seemed to be working fine but then all of a sudden one of the recordings will not play any audio, as if muted. All other recordings within the same track/lane (also with Melodyne) sound fine though? Removing Melodyne returns the audio to the vocal recording. Is there a fix for this? I've just spent a long time editing the recording with Melodyne and do not want to lose the progress.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What version and build of Mixcraft?

Which edition and version of Melodyne?

Geg
joeseye

Post by joeseye »

Hi Greg,

Mixcraft Pro Studio 9.0 Build 470 64 bit
Melodyne Assistant 5.3.1.018 VST3
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, so you've got the latest for both Mixcraft and Melodyne. If you log into your account at Celemony.com, does it show Melodyne 5 as activated on the computer you're using now? If not, be sure to activate it. If that's not the problem, the next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg