changing instruments

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cactus-head

Re: changing instruments

Post by cactus-head »

Forget about the solo button for now. Mapping the Arm button will play the armed track. Using this method you have to press a key to activate the arm and then press a key to deactivate the arm when you want to switch to antoher track. It can be accomplished in one press if you press the keys at the same time and they are in opposite arm toggle states.

For example, I map the arm button to C1 on track 1 which is piano. I map D1 to arm track 2 which is guitar. I press C1 and now when I play my MIDI keyboard, the piano will play. To switch to track 2, I press C1 then D1 . That will turn track one arm off, and activate arm on track 2. When I play my keyboard, the guitar will sound. And as long as you don't map the MIDI learn to the same keyswitches that ate in the VSTi, those kyswitches will still function when you switch instruments.

This method also allows me to group multiple tracks by toggling the arm on or off for unison selections.

Don't be alarmed that arm doesn't select the track in the same way that it does when you click on it, but it does give that track (or group of armed tracks) focus so the instrument on that track will sound.
jcmusix

Re: changing instruments

Post by jcmusix »

Thanks for the info Cactus Head. I'm away on a trip but I should be back next week to try it out.