mixcraft unable to load sound file not supported

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Jlee92565

mixcraft unable to load sound file not supported

Post by Jlee92565 »

i am having an issue where i cannot load any new sounds or instrumentals into the program it will only allow me to load old sounds from months ago anything new its gives me the error message every time. i have tried renaming it i have tried resetting the audio settings. restarting the program and my pc nothing works i have downloaded multiple different files and nothing works but the program will load all of my old stuff if anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.
Mark Bliss

Re: mixcraft unable to load sound file not supported

Post by Mark Bliss »

You dont mention file type or any pertinent info.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Was the sound extracted from YouTube? There's been a support issue lately where files that were extracted from YouTube have non-standard headers, so that they won't load into Mixcraft. Either YouTube changed something, or the app that people use to get audio from YouTube has changed to create these oddball MP3 files.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
NeenoNeen

Post by NeenoNeen »

I’ve been following this whole thread since I’ve been having the same issue as well. I bought mixcraft just so I can download beats from YT and rap on them for fun. But lately none of the beats I download work. And I’ve try everything. I saw this was your last reply. And I just wanted to ask is their anyway around it ? Or that’s it, we’re just not gonna be able to load beats From YT into Mixcraft any longer ? 😔
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

How does one extract audio? Is there an option to extract it?
Last edited by cactus-head on Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I have to say that extracting audio from YouTube videos would likely be a copyright violation, and definitely against terms of service, so there's that. Probably not legal.

I wonder if everybody with this problem is using the same method?

Greg
caprarebird

Post by caprarebird »

HI Greg and everybody! I fell thru this issue : 'Mixcraft failed to load the sound' . It was a MP3 extracted from a video youtube with the famous free software (ushh). I'm not a copyright frauder as I use to buy my favorite music on the net. But for this case this old song was not available on the market.
I confirm that something change recently in the content of the file sound coming out Youtube as mixcraft did well the job before with the same process, but I wonder why only Mixcraft failed to load this particular file as other apps don't bother ie: melodyne in stand alone mode or the windows média player etc.
Anyway,its'n a big deal but I felt a little disappointed this morning to have to record this song using mixcraft with the good old method.
Kind regards
MC10 studio pro Asus laptop 3ghz 8GO SSD 256GO HDD 1TO, rack MIDAS MR18 ASIO, Lucas nano amp...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Just export it from one of those other programs as MP3, and then you'll be able to load it in Mixcraft.

Greg
TheWheezle

Post by TheWheezle »

Dude jesus christ, i made an account just for this to answer. so if a youtube beat/ video has an emoji or a strange symbol in the title, mixcraft wont be able to recognize that symbol, so it just wont load up, i just spent 2 whole days trying to figure it out. the damn emoji's.

How to fix: just go to wherever the youtube mp3 file was downloaded to (aka my downloads) then i just rename the file and delete the emoji from the file name. once deleted drag it into a mixcraft audio file andd itll load up. some stupid fix.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

TheWheezle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:33 pm Dude jesus christ, i made an account just for this to answer. so if a youtube beat/ video has an emoji or a strange symbol in the title, mixcraft wont be able to recognize that symbol, so it just wont load up, i just spent 2 whole days trying to figure it out. the damn emoji's.

How to fix: just go to wherever the youtube mp3 file was downloaded to (aka my downloads) then i just rename the file and delete the emoji from the file name. once deleted drag it into a mixcraft audio file andd itll load up. some stupid fix.
Hi,

That's a different issue, but yeah - this will also happen with any unicode characters. The solution is to just rename the audio file so it just has ASCII characters. The topic you replied to was about a problem with audio "ripped" from YouTube videos that was in a weird format. Renaming the file wouldn't help in that case.

Greg
Jimson

Post by Jimson »

Hi Everyone,
I had the same issue long time and today I found the solution. Its Very easy.
Download mp3 from YouTube (use any online website) the change the filename and right click the file ----> go to the property of the file---> open the Security Tab---->select change the group or username from SYSSTEM to any other -----> then Apply. (IF Apply Button not active then just press 'OK")

That's it All my mp3 working now in Mix craft 9

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

Jimson Luckose