Kjaerhus Classic Delay Manual?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Htos_Drol

Kjaerhus Classic Delay Manual?

Post by Htos_Drol »

Hello

I LOVE the Classic Delay that comes with Mixcraft. I'm looking to set up a 2 channel delay (on the same track) so that the Right is ~60ms off from the Left. I noticed that the Classic Delay has a channel setting called 'Input' and when setting one instance to L, the next instance on the track defaults to R.

Is it possible that there is functionality in this plugin to use them in tandem to achieve my result? Does anyone have a manual for this plugin that does a deep dive on functionality?

If all of the above is no, can anyone recommend a 2 channel delay vst that has the same-ish control settings as the Classic Delay? Free would be nice, but not necessary. (Voxengo Tempo is a 2 channel delay, but its settings are different than Classic Delay and I'm hoping to avoid trying to translate)

Many Thanks!
cactus-head

Re: Kjaerhus Classic Delay Manual?

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

I don't understand the result you are looking for.

So you would play an instrument, then 60ms later on the left channel there would be an echo, then 60ms on the right channel there would be an echo?

If this is the case here's an exaggerated example: Set input to 100% left or right. Set the Type to whatever your sound preference is. For this example use Tape. If you want the delay to sync to the tempo, use the sync button and set the division to whatever you want. For our example we will set the song tempo to 120, and we will set the SYNC on and the division to 1/4. using the sync makes it easy to lock in an echo based on the tempo. Real quick, when using SYNC, the formula to figure out seconds per echo (SPE) or time of the delay is:

SPE = division X (BPM/60) Since division in our case is 1/4 and our bpm=120 then SPE = (1/4) X (120/60) = .5 s . You'll see that matches the Time dial.

Turn the PING-PONG on. Use the defaults for the other values except for MIX. Set MIX to 100% EFF (or wet as it's also know). That will only ping pong the echo on either channel - L and R without the initial instrument playing. Using this idea, you should be able to set up the delay as you want. Though I'm still not 100% sure what you are after. If your instrument is originally centered and you balance the MIX dial to include more of the direct or dry signal, your first sound will be centered followed by the left right panning echo.
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

This one works perfectly, does just about everything you can think of, and is free: https://www.musicalentropy.com/SpaceshipDelay.html
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

Thanks for the reply and the examples! I will dive in and see if this gets the result I'm after. (pretty sure it will)

Looking to get a nice wide effect, sort of like a slap delay.
Ableton has a plugin called 'Simple Delay' that allows this functionality.
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

Frantiac wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:53 am This one works perfectly, does just about everything you can think of, and is free: https://www.musicalentropy.com/SpaceshipDelay.html
Looks like a great plugin! Thanks!
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Torben Kjaerhus Larsen was caught red handed as the ring leader of 'The Love Zone' and 'Hoarders Hell' a worldwide network of pedophiles that shared the most vile images and videos you (hopefully cannot) imagine. I wouldn't use anything by that POS even for free if you put a gun to my head. In fact a gun to his I would stand behind.
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

Yeah it makes me shiver too but at the end of the day it's not the plugins' fault and after all he did give them to us for free. Anyway they're long gone now as there are plenty of excellent 64-bit alternatives these days, Spaceship Delay being one of them. I understand the OP's concern though - simple plugins certainly do have their appeal.
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Frantiac wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:59 am Yeah it makes me shiver too but at the end of the day it's not the plugins' fault and after all he did give them to us for free.
No idea how that changes anything but whatever. You want to use something made by a pedophile, to each their own. And as you say there are better alternatives anyway, including some for free like Valhalla's Supermassive.
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

No idea how that changes anything but whatever. You want to use something made by a pedophile, to each their own. And as you say there are better alternatives anyway, including some for free like Valhalla's Supermassive.

This sounds like an indictment of Acoustica for making those plugins available in Mixcraft.
Perhaps we should stop using Mixcraft until the issue is resolved?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you don't want Kjaehus Classic plugins in Mixcraft, don't choose to install the legacy plugins when you install Mixcraft. We include the option to install them as legacy plugins for backwards compatibility, since thousands upon thousands of Mixcraft projects are already using them.

That company doesn't even exist anymore, so it's not like they are getting any money for this.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101