arming two tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

hpharley90

arming two tracks

Post by hpharley90 »

I'm using 9 pro studio and have guitar amp going to Suhr reactive load then to Scarlett 2i2 left channel then to an armed Mixcraft 9 pro studio audio track.
Can I arm two tracks in DAW with one input like I am doing? When I go to arm second track first track gets unarmed.
10.5 Pro studio build 596
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
cactus-head

Re: arming two tracks

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

Depends on your outputs and inputs. If you have a stereo input you can arm one track left (mono) and the other track right (mono). If you have an ADAT connection, you could do 8 tracks at once. You can get away with stereo left and right because it is two channels (two inputs). A single mono input can not record to multiple tracks. If you need to do that, then record the mono track and afterwards, use the duplicate track option.
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

ok thanks..
I just wanted to send a guitar part to two tracks using different impulse responses....
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

Ok, instead try this: use your single input going to the track you will record. Create 2 send tracks. On each send track add you virtual cabinet with your IRs. Click the automation icon on your main track, click the drop down where it reads Track Volume and find the send tracks. Add each one at a time using the + icon above the automation dropdown.

IR on two send tracks.JPG
IR on two send tracks.JPG (40.67 KiB) Viewed 979 times

Or if you want two independent recorded tracks, duplicate your original track like I said before, and add the IR either to the FXs chain on the independent tracks or using a send track on each main track.
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

very cool..i will explore this...i like it....thanks
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

I found by accident what I want to do. very easy. One input and record to multiple tracks.
Click File>preferences>recording>when recording input is used on more than one track>Allow duplicate recording inputs>ok....done...mine was set to "Do Not Allow Duplicate Recording Inputs"
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Most people don't want to do that, because why record the same thing twice when you can just duplicate the track.

Generally, when people record more than one track at a time, they are recording different things on each track.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
hpharley90

Post by hpharley90 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:46 pm Hi,

Most people don't want to do that, because why record the same thing twice when you can just duplicate the track.

Generally, when people record more than one track at a time, they are recording different things on each track.

Greg
I'm using different impulse responses and want to compare very quickly...
Dell XPS i7-10700 2.9Ghz
48 GB RAM
Windows 10