Trouble Recording Midi/Audio via External Synth... Recordings deleted/crashing/glitching

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

URAEU$

Trouble Recording Midi/Audio via External Synth... Recordings deleted/crashing/glitching

Post by URAEU$ »

Hi guys, longtime Mixcraft user.

My tracks and recorded sounds, both audio and midi are randomly being deleted as I tweak sounds on my external synth. Meaning I record the sounds into mixcraft, audio and midi simultaneously, then I stop recording to design new sounds. Then as I sit there designing new sounds to go with them, all the sudden I will twist a knob on my synth and there goes everything I just wrote and recorded. It deletes everything and all the sudden I am at a blank page as if I opened a brand new blank project. The only thing that remains is fact that I had a virtual instrument track armed, but even the instrument reverts back to acoustic piano.

The audio track I had armed just disappears. smh All my recorded sounds from both tracks gone to oblivion.

I'm using my new Roland Gaia SH-01 (external analog synthesizer connected via usb for midi and Scarlett 2i2 interface for audio).

Again 2 tracks armed to record audio and midi simultaneously, midi is thru a virtual instrument track set to 'external midi device' and my Gaia selected. It gives me the options 'send midi progam change message' and 'send midi bank change message' as well as 'send midi clock and status message' I have tried both checking and unchecking those boxes. I even tried freezing the audio track and arming another to see if that helped.

Same results. Each time I start writing a song I will be sitting there twisting knobs on my synth and all the sudden one of them will randomly send mixcraft into some sort of glitch and delete everything I had on screen.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

I have ruggedly clung to Mixcraft because of the simplicity and ease of use... But I fear I am outgrowing Mixcraft for various reasons.
However this seems like it shouldn't be one of them.

Thanks for any help or ideas !
cactus-head

Re: Trouble Recording Midi/Audio via External Synth... Recordings deleted/crashing/glitching

Post by cactus-head »

Check the midi learn settings. You may have some mapping setup you are unaware of or have forgotten that is responding to your midi device
URAEU$

Re: Trouble Recording Midi/Audio via External Synth... Recordings deleted/crashing/glitching

Post by URAEU$ »

Thank you brother! As far as I can tell that worked...

Just had to clear the midi mapping of my saved midi learn map didnt realize that was my default regardless what controller I plugin lol good to know

Much appreciated