Merge duplicate midi events

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

NoteBoat

Merge duplicate midi events

Post by NoteBoat »

I'm experimenting with using an acoustic-to-midi converter to record tracks.
Often instead of recording say a single quarter note, several smaller identical notes are recorded. (makes for a choppy playback)
I've tried working with gate sensitivity settings and such, but still get a lot of these "stutter notes".
Cleaning up manually is an option, but in a longer recording there can be hundreds of these.

Another product has an option called "merge events" where multiple identical midi notes in the track can be highlighted and combined in to one event starting and ending at the first and last note highlighted.

Is it possible to do similar in mixcraft 9? (Or am I making a new feature request?)

thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Merge duplicate midi events

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the notes are simultaneous, there is the Soloize option that can be found under the MIDI Editing menu in the piano roll.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
NoteBoat

Post by NoteBoat »

I did try soloize on back to back identical notes with no change.
After reading your reply I tried again in a couple different ways... highlight first/last in a sequence, highlight all in a sequence, and even tried setting their various velocities equal before soloize and there's no change.

Are there any other conditions that must be met before soloize is satisfied?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The notes have to occur simultaneously for soloize to work.

Hold down the Ctrl key and click on multiple notes to select them, then delete them.

If the unwanted notes are all really tiny, you could use Select by Duration option to select all the teeny tiny notes and delete them. Just make sure you don't get any note you want to keep in the selection.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
NoteBoat

Post by NoteBoat »

Here's an example of a sequence of notes that I need instead be a single duration note.
I'm able to swipe select these or crtl click each in the group, once all are selected I try the soloize option.
I can delete all the extras and stretch the lead note, but that make for a tedious work flow with so many to deal with.
multi_notes.jpg
multi_notes.jpg (5.56 KiB) Viewed 342 times

Thanks for the replies.
Despite this little bump in the road, I've really enjoyed my mixcraft9 pro since moving from my previous daw.