Tracks just stops producing sound

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dorpond

Tracks just stops producing sound

Post by Dorpond »

I am frustrated. I am using MC for narrated vocals, sound effects and music. Think audible book with background ambience.

I currently have 23 tracks, and it seems that I'll add another sound, or copy and paste an existing sound file elsewhere - you know, just edit the piece so that it sounds right, and suddenly I have no so sound from a track, even though I haven't touched that specific track anytime recently.

The volume doesn't make a difference
There are no fade in's or out's
The track itself isn't off or muted
The volume on the wave file itself isn't adjusted
and when look at the LED's for sound, none are jumping for that track.

This has happened several times over the past week, all with different tracks, and I have no idea why, but the only way I can fix it, is to drag the WAV or MP3 file back into that track, and then that specific portion of that track will play again, but if I had other copies of the file elsewhere in that track, those still don't play, and I have to replace them as well.

In other words, it isn't a track issue, but more of the sound file issue that is playing in that track.

I am fully up to date with V9 btw on Windows 10, and my system is high end - the resource meter at the bottom of MX only at 1% - 5% CPU and System 10% - 12%. I have tried different output methods as well - again, this seems to be sound file related.

Thoughts?

[edit] Closing and opening MC fixes this issue. Just not sure why it happens in the first place.
cactus-head

Re: Tracks just stops producing sound

Post by cactus-head »

Could it be related to Onedrive?

If your default mixcraft folders have been moved or your windows documents folder is pointing to onedrive, you could run into issues.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure no tracks are soloed as well.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Dorpond

Post by Dorpond »

Guys, 20+ years working with mixing and daws, so it isn't something obvious.
Leave it to me to find the bugs... Heh
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's no known bug that would cause a track to just stop making sound, so go through the basics and double-check everything.

Are the tracks that have this problem audio tacks or virtual instrument tracks? If they are the latter, is it any particular plugin? Are there effects on the tracks that have the problem?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101