Moving computers after the holidays

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Moving computers after the holidays

Post by BillW »

One basic, one specific question

Basic - I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial or "quick tips" or something regarding this. anyone can point me to such a thing or things would be greatly appreciated

The specific -
Libraries from Chris Hein; I bought the compact string ensemble today based on their 50% sale. But they say it's "watermarked" so it can't' be shared. Support asks me to "Send an email" but doesn't list the email address. The button loads an email service I don't have. Does anyone either know the support email - or better yet, do you know how to move Chris Hein files from one computer to another? I also have the Compact Horns. Both use Kontakt, in case that helps.

Thanks -
I haven't been on for a while but hope to be making music again after the first of the year.

Bill
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
BillW

Re: Moving computers after the holidays

Post by BillW »

I hate to bump up my own post but I though maybe now that the holiday is over in the US there might be an answer to one or both of my questions?

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Sturdy

Post by Sturdy »

Only suggestion I might have is to maybe sign up for the newsletter below that support email button and see if you get an email address.

That email setup is very odd. I'm guessing "most" customers don't have email setup in whatever is popping up.

I'll post the support link here - maybe somebody else can see what the email address is if they are setup for how it links to email programs.

https://www.chrishein.net/support.html
gaffster

Post by gaffster »

I understand that "watermarking" is only an issue if you are using unlicensed software or samples. Generally, you get to use 1 or 2 copies simultaneously on different machines. If you are just upgrading machines; they almost always allow you to reuse a license. So..you need to find out how many copies you can use and how to move the license if you really need to deactivate on an old machine and reactivate a new one. Maybe read the license if they don't respond.
BillW

Post by BillW »

Got a feeling this isn't going to work well. No info on how to transfer it and I suspect I can't just copy it.

But thanks for the help

BTW I can't subscribe to the newsletter. Clicking on that section of the page does nothing.

Oh well - maybe I have an email address from my original purchase

BillW

Post by BillW »

Thanks for the response - now I just need tips on how to pack up and move my projects.

I did find the email address from my original purchase and Chris responded

The email is hein@wizardmedia.de

His response was identical to halcyon68:

Hi Bill,

If you have installed the library already, just move the whole library folder to your new computer.
You can also request new download links at any time, in your BestService user area.

In both cases, use NI Native Access with your serial number to aktivate the library on your new computer.

Best regards,

Chris Hein