Overlapping sounds

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

elaw

Overlapping sounds

Post by elaw »

Hello all!

I keep having a stupid problem with Mixcraft and I know it's my own fault but maybe someone has some ideas for dealing with it?

When I'm editing sounds in tracks (in this case by "sounds" I usually mean MIDI but I think the same could happen with audio), sometimes I'll be making edits and I start hearing multiple notes or sounds at the same time, where some reflect my edits and others do not. When I remember, I'll check and find that the track contains two or more copies of the sound... sitting right on top of each other so it's not apparent from looking.

I'm sure it's something I'm fat-fingering or "fat mousing" but is there any way to prevent this or make it more visible? Like a setting that would prevent overlapping sounds in the same track, or something that would offset multiple sounds within a track vertically so one can't "hide" under another?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Overlapping sounds

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Not sure why that's happening. Are you using alt-drag to duplicate clips? Are you copying and pasting them a lot? Try to figure out what's causing it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
elaw

Re: Overlapping sounds

Post by elaw »

I do use alt-drag quite a bit, but in the particular project I'm working on, it started happening before I did that. However I'm a lousy typist so can't rule out that I did exactly that by accident.

Is alt-drag the only keyboard/mouse combination that will do that?