Can't get rid of FX pop-ups

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bq7

Can't get rid of FX pop-ups

Post by bq7 »

Hi. I've recently switched from MX6 to MX9, and I'm finding it hard to exit FX pop-ups in MX9 after opening them. I must be missing something obvious. I never had this problem in MX6. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot showing pop-ups that I can launch but I can't remove from screen.
Screenshot showing pop-ups that I can launch but I can't remove from screen.
popups.png (116.39 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Can't get rid of FX pop-ups

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Normally, you could click on the little X in the upper right corner of the effect. You can also Ctrl-right-click on the FX button.

But in your screenshot, the X looks grayed out. Is Mixcraft not responding? Check and see if there is another dialog box that you need to respond to, maybe hidden behind another window.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

In that screen shot, the effect is on track 5 but track 4 seems to be selected and highlighted so the fx they are trying to hide is already hidden; it would seem.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I suspect this bug is in the bit wrapper @Greg.

I have experienced a similar result when running 32 bit plugs in Mixcraft 64 bit version. I also sometimes load a project and the vst gui wont display. The effect is loaded and working, but the show/hide button does not function from any place, so you cannot edit the vst.

I avoid using 32 bit vst's as a result. But still sometimes have seen this when collaborating on other peoples projects.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I've never had that happen with 32-bit plugins, especially the ones included with Mixcraft. I can show and hide Classic Delay all day long. We just need more info on this. See how the X is grayed out on the plugin interface? Something else is going on.

Greg
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Just testing it on two tracks. When adding the delay to each track they overlap in the same spot. If I click on the FX selection pop-up, the X on the effect grays out. If I click on the effect itself, the X highlights - so there doesn't seem to be any problem there.

I still believe the OP had effects on two tracks open - they overlapped, the OP selected track 4's FX pop-up window and was clicking on the show hide button, but the track 5 effect graphic is what was displaying in the same spot so the OP couldn't tell that the effect of track 4 was showing and hiding. The test would be to make sure the effect itself is dragged somewhere else on the screen before clicking the hide and show button. That way either the effect itself will hide and show if the pop-up is from that track, or the effect that was hidden behind would hide or show.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Need OP to chime in. There's no problem with the X being grayed out - unless clicking on it doesn't close the effect.

Greg