New to Mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Stratocaster

New to Mixcraft 9

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi,

I've been using Mixcraft 7 for a while and am pretty familiar with it. Now I've moved to Mixcraft 9 and have a couple of questions.

On Mixcraft 7 the delay function can be found in the fx drop down menu on each track. Where is delay function on Mixcraft 9?

On Mixcraft 7 the bass and treble tone functions can be found under the mixer banner at the bottom of the page. Where is it on Mixcraft 9?

Cheers,

Mick
Acoustica Greg

Re: New to Mixcraft 9

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you install Mixcraft 9, there's an option to install the legacy plugins. If you're looking for "Classic Delay" or "Acoustica Delay," you could run the installer and choose to install the legacy plugins. Or, you could use TB Ferox Tape Emulator, Dubmaster Liquid Delay, POD4500 Particle Delay, or VTD-42 Psychedelic Delay (included with Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio).

In regard to the mixer, Mixcraft 9 adds a bunch of stuff. Click the little gear icon to control what you see in the mixer, and also to rearrange the order of the mixer components.

Mixer panel preferences
Mixer panel preferences
mixerpanelpreferences.png (25.87 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Stratocaster

Re: New to Mixcraft 9

Post by Stratocaster »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your advice.

However, you may have guessed by my terminology that I'm what they call 'old school' and not very good with technology. With regards to the mixer facility, dragging the required feature is OK but how do I use it? For example, when I record my daughter's vocals her voice is quite soft so I need to give it more treble. How do I do that please?

As for the plug ins. I'm not sure I know where to begin. How do I run the installer and choose the legacy plug ins? Also the phaser and chorus features which are on Mixcraft 7 are not on 9. Where can i get these sort of effects?

Sorry to be a pain!

Mick