Moving to new computer - frustration (NOT with Mixcraft)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Moving to new computer - frustration (NOT with Mixcraft)

Post by BillW »

I zipped up the files as recommended. Every VST and VSTi I had before is present. I am dealing with the Waves license thing by putting it on a flash drive for now and switch back and forth (old to new computer) as needed.

Project loads without error EXCEPT it says it can't find Kontakt. It's there but called Kontakt (VST3); of course when I select that it has no idea what instrument I want etc. Is it because it's called Kontakt and not Kontakt (VST3)?

Second frustration - although I have the license for Waves GTR (guitar amp emulator) and Bass Rider, it says I don't - on ONE project but not on the other! Again, they are there. I haven't debugged that one further yet. Because I have to "sneaker net" the licenses back and forth

I can live with all this by keeping my old computer around and simply writing down what settings I have for the few projects I want to transfer (mostly to use as templates); but I have to wonder if I'm missing some trick
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Moving to new computer - frustration (NOT with Mixcraft)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Mixcraft's Plug-Ins preferences, click Edit VST/VSTi Folders and add the folder where the VST2 plugin is on your computer. On my computer, it's here:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit

In regard to the licensing of the plugins, you just have to deal with that on a case by case basis. Each company has it's own licensing scheme.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
BillW

Re: Moving to new computer - frustration (NOT with Mixcraft)

Post by BillW »

Thanks Greg - I'll try your suggestion but I found a simple enough workaround so to speak

This really is for my templates; I only have to projects I'm still working on and I haven't gotten far enough to use the plugins I have these issues with

For the templates, I decide to do screen prints into an Excel file that shows the settings I used for GTR (and bass rider).

Luckily for Chris Hein horns, I only pick the instrument - I don't play with the settings within it because I really don't know how to do it (I intend to eventually - I have the string package as well but have not used that). So all I had to do is type the instrument name I used (there are several sax, trumpets etc)

Working out OK - thanks again!
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.