MIDI controllers for MC4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rick d

MIDI controllers for MC4

Post by rick d »

Hey,

Just wanted to know what type of MIDI controller you guys have in your setup for use with MC4. I'm trying to get some recommendations on a reliable but very affordable (In my case, under $200 IF possible) MIDI controller before I buy something that I may not like or may give out after a short period of time. I'm looking for something with good velocity sensitivity, good keys for piano type playing, resistant pitch and mod wheels.

Another thing too, I noticed that there are some pretty good soft synths that come with MC4. Particularly, I own the FM8, Korg M1, and Korg Wavestation soft synths and use them in MC4 (Well,....WILL be using as soon as I figure out which MIDI controller to purchase).

I just wanted to know if there are anymore software versions of other classic hardware synths, like the Roland D-50, Yamaha CS01, and Casio CZ101. If there aren't, it would be cool if Acoustica could emulate their own version of these synths for Mixcraft.

Thanks in advance.
PDS

Post by PDS »

I use an Emu Xboard 25(There are larger versions of the same family).Totally robust and comes with the Mega sample pack VST software that can be run in MC called ProteusX LE,

http://tinyurl.com/69yhc5

The software it IMHO worth 5 times the cost of the Keyboard and all the sounds you mention are there plus extra drum kits and percussion.All of which can also easily be edited whilst within the DAW in ProteusX and effects can be applied in ProteusX to sounds even before you use any VST effects on them if you wishas it has it's own delays/verbs/chorus etc.
The quality of the samples sounds is amazing.I've not heard one yet that has had ANY background noise or distortion where it wasn't meant to be.

Total bargain IMHO.
rick d

Post by rick d »

WOW! and only at $76!!! That is a dream come true.

You said it has all of the sounds that I mentioned? From which synths though, the ones I said I already own, or from the ones that I wanted, as mentioned towards the end of the post?

Thanks for the recommendation
PDS

Post by PDS »

As with all these packages they usually contain samples of famous synths and there's too many for me to remember off hand.However ALL the sounds are fully editible as the ProteusX software includes A great interace for editing the sounds even with the Software installed as a VST and,"On-The-Fly".

It's shame Mixcraft doesn't have better midi implementation to take full advantage of it's capabilities but The Xboard package is still the best,"Bang-For-Buck" around IMHO.
mrmxyzptlk

Post by mrmxyzptlk »

rick d wrote:WOW! and only at $76!!! That is a dream come true.
That's pounds, not dollars.

Music123 has this item for $149.99.

http://tinyurl.com/5do75s
PDS

Post by PDS »

mrmxyzptlk wrote:
rick d wrote:WOW! and only at $76!!! That is a dream come true.
That's pounds, not dollars.

Music123 has this item for $149.99.

http://tinyurl.com/5do75s
That's about the same price I piad in pounds.Still the best,"Bang-for-buck" around IMHO with the included softare :)