Questions For Creating Simple Audio File Mix

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mistertee

Questions For Creating Simple Audio File Mix

Post by mistertee »

Hello,

My current use of Mixcraft will be to create simple "mix CD's" using various downloaded songs (mp3, wma, etc...). Although I may occasionally do a bit of "clean up" editing, most of my projects will consist of "as is" audio tracks, segued together, without any beat mixing. For this purpose, I've selected the settings and options I would typically use and have created a soundless "project" of them to be used as a standard template.

Obviously for projects of his type I don't want changes such as tempo, key, looping, or time signatures to be applied by default. So here are the specifics about my template. If someone could look these over and let me know if I've overlooked anything (or made any mistakes) I'd appreciate it :-)

1) Deleted the two "instrument" tracks that start by default when Mixcraft is launched. I've also added some additional blank "audio" tracks (enough to accommodate most of the projects I'll be making).

2) Switched "Beat View" to "Time View".

3) In Preferences > General, I've un-checked "change project tempo and key to match first sound".

4) Turned the following options off: Snap, Auto Beat Match, Metronome.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise!
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Have you looked at "Spin it Again"?
mistertee

Post by mistertee »

Hi Jim,

Yes, I'm a registered user of Spin It Again and I use it often to restore old LP's and cassettes. But I don't see the connection as far as track mixing is concerned.
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Ah!
My mistake.
I thought you were just stringing tracks together.