Songs skipping after "Mixdown to MP3, WAV, WMA, etc&quo

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

AdanV

Songs skipping after "Mixdown to MP3, WAV, WMA, etc&quo

Post by AdanV »

Wsup yall,

Ive been using Mixcraft for about 9 months now, im still a bit noobish on Recording. Im all self taught. I like Mixcraft because its very easy to use.

However, Im having a major problem. Im trying to complete my demo.
Ive already recorded all tracks, everything sounds great.

But when I try to "Mix down to MP3", Mixcraft will mix it into an MP3 but after completion, all the audio will be sounding like if it "skipping".

I playback on Mixcraft and it sounds good (no skipping, lag or delay) but when I play the MP3s, they skip.

It does the same if I try to "Mix Down into" WAV format and WMA format.

This has never happened before.

Im using Mixcraft 3.1 Build 41 with T-Racks Plugins. Also I am running under Wave driver
The comp is a Dell Inspiron Laptop with 2x1.74Ghz and 2GB of RAM.

I need help, I want to get my demos out to the public soon.

Thank you,

Adan V.
AdanV

Post by AdanV »

I forgot to add,

I thought it was a Latency problem, so I increased number of buffers, etc.

No success.

Adan V.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I would try turning off the plugins, mix down to mp3 and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you know it is the plugins causing it.
AdanV

Re: re

Post by AdanV »

Acoustica Eric wrote:I would try turning off the plugins, mix down to mp3 and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you know it is the plugins causing it.
I did that and it worked, however now my songs audio quality sound pretty mediocre without the T-Racks plugins.

Any solutions or ideas??
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Well there are tons of freebies that would do just as good of a job, unless you want to email their support team and see if there is a fix.
Some of my favotire plugs I have listed here
JustOneOldMan

Post by JustOneOldMan »

Thanks for that link, Eric, I found a couple I didn't have yet...
AdanV

Post by AdanV »

Hmmm.....

I payed $400 for the T-Racks software, so I dont want to see it wasted on me using another plugin.

The mixdown did work well before, each track would have T-Racks running and the whole project would have it running as well.

I dont know what happened this time.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

If you're using the T-Racks vst as a global insert on a multitrack project then you may want to try turning it off, mix down to wav, then start a new project with just your mix down and T-Racks loaded and see if it works that way.

Or if you have the stand-alone T-Racks 24 you can mix down to wav and then load and process the wav in T-Racks 24.

As a rule, you are better off mastering as a separate step rather than doing it during mixdown anyway.

I use Izotope Ozone 3 for mastering and sometimes as a channel insert and have found it superior to T-Racks - no glitches even with multiple instances on multiple tracks.

Also, you could try mastering with individual plug-ins instead of T-Racks. Mastering EQ, compressor, multiband limiter, etc.
*Vibrant Audio*
AdanV

Post by AdanV »

I decided to purchase Mixcraft 4, since it was discounted down for me to about $15.

I installed it and opened my projects and mix those down to mp3 with all plugins running and all.

Everything worked flawlessly............ :?

I dont know what happened and why this problem started occuring, as I said I already done mp3 mixdown on other projects with the same plugins.

Probably a ploy to get me to buy Mixcraft 4.
Oh well, :roll: , at least the problem is fixed....

Thanks to all for the help and input.......

Adan V.
nima

Post by nima »

yeh i used WAVE plugins , and sometimes i get some crazy things happen to my project, i dont know why . hopefully mixcraft 5 would fix all these bugs.