Using M-Audio USB mic and Mixcraft...Anyone done it?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Flackjacket

Using M-Audio USB mic and Mixcraft...Anyone done it?

Post by Flackjacket »

I'm about ready to purchase Mixcraft, it seems like a great product. I have a question; I just purchased an M-Audio Axiom 25 and I am about to purchase an M-audio USB mic with headphone connection on the mic. I want to keep this inexpensive and see If I still enjoy recording (I used the hell out of my old Tascam 488 Portastudio 8 track recorder).. Anyway Ive been away from it for quite awhile and DAWs are new to me. If I buy this USB mic, plug the headphone into the mic will I then be able to hear the audio tracks Ive recorded and then add my vocals? I just want to make sure that what I buy will do what I think it will. Or, if you have any other suggestions Id like to hear them. Thanks
Flack
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Is it this one http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/S ... -main.html ?
No. I haven't tried that one but based on experience with Mixcraft & M Audio products, I'd be extremely surprised if Mixcraft didn't recognize it.
I have used a USB mic, a couple of different M Audio interfaces, Keyrig 25 midi keyboard, an Echo Mona and even plugged a dynamic mic right in to the computer.
In every instance Mixcraft has recognized the equipment.
Add to this that M Audio is are tops at keeping their drivers up to date and I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.
I used to have the Tascam Portastudio too. That was my only Home Recording experience before Mixcraft. Loved that old thing to bits.
Flackjacket

I think I'm going with the Samson G Track

Post by Flackjacket »

Yes Jim that is the mic. Thanks for the responce. Since I posted this question I've done a lot of searching on the net about USB mics and I think I'm going to go with the Samson G Track
http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Track-Micr ... B0015MJE22

Any one here used this one?
Thanks
Flack
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Probably a safer bet.
According to 2 reviews I read the M Audio USB mic doesn't work with Pro Tools. Kind of strange when you consider that M Audio promotes Pro Tools software.
You know, you can buy USB mics for about $30 & run a headset from your tower.