Improvements for next build of Mixcraft 4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rick d

Improvements for next build of Mixcraft 4

Post by rick d »

*send/return assigns for each track - I don't know if it's possible, but I think each track could use some sort of send/return assign option. For a REAL life example, I have a track (well, a particular spot on that track) in one of my projects that I want to add a certain effect to. The effect is on an external unit and in order to get this certain effect to work the way I want it, it has to be applied in real-time on the hardware. so I want to be able to send the audio on the track out of the pc and into the effect processing unit, and then back out of the processing unit into the the track again.

As I said before, I don't know if that is possible or not for PC recordings, because this type of effect is traditionally applied in real-time via analog recording in reggae/dub productions. If it's possible to be done with PC, then MC4 has to have the feature.

* An issue needs to be addressed when loading Mixcraft 2 projects into Mixcraft 4 (Was a problem for Mixcraft 3 too). When the MC2 projects are loaded into MC4, "ALL" of the editing of the tracks are gone, even the VST effects that were applied. This is very annoying, as it means that you have to start aaaaall the way over with your track editing. I have informed someone here at Acoustica about this issue waay back when MC3 was first released, but it was never addressed.

* The "Selection" method on the sound workspace should be like how it was in MC2 for sure. It was a lot more easier to work with. Currently, you have to do too much just to select a certain area of a sound block and listen to that particular selected area without mistaking playing the whole mix. Not saying that it's hard to figure out how to do, but it's just not straight forward enough. This gives users of earlier Mixcraft versions a bit of a learning curve.

* When you arm a virtual instrument track for recording, and you play whatever virtual instrument with MIDI while recording, nothing plays. Everything gets silent and all the buttons on the master bar and on the armed track(s) becomes disabled. (The buttons turn grey and unclickable in other words) . The result is that you can't stop the recording (Although it's not actually working, but showing that it is currently recording), and you have to press Ctrl + Alt + Del in order to exit out of the application.

* There should be a virtual mixing console of some sort. Like on the bottom of the screen featured in a tab with those other options. This is not truly a "Must Have", but alot of people could use this feature.