WinAspiNT Error Message

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mistertee

WinAspiNT Error Message

Post by mistertee »

Hi,

Although it doesn't prevent me from burning a CD, when I click the "Burn Audio CD" button I get the following error message:

WinAspiNT
( 6) Error Opening Registry For "Hardware\DeviceMap\SCSI\SCSI Port 0"
Error = 2
Port Number = 0

When I click "OK" the same error message reappears. When I again click "OK" the error disappears and the "Burn Audio CD" UI opens. My drive is correctly recognized and the burning process can proceed as normal.

Any idea how to resolve error?

System Info: Toshiba Laptop, Vista Home Premium, 32 bit (SP1), Centrino Duo T4200 @ 1.60GHz, 2 GB DDR2 (PC2-4200)

Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Mixcraft, click on the File menu and select Preferences. In the CD Burning preferences, try unchecking the option called "Use Acoustica ASPI layer."

Does that fix the problem?

Greg
mistertee

Post by mistertee »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

In Mixcraft, click on the File menu and select Preferences. In the CD Burning preferences, try unchecking the option called "Use Acoustica ASPI layer."

Does that fix the problem?

Greg
Thanks for the suggestion but no, unchecking "Acoustica ASPI" didn't change anything.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

You can also try replacing your windows aspi file with the free frogaspi file.
mistertee

Post by mistertee »

Well, in Vista I believe it's actually "wnaspint.dl". I'm leaning towards some sort of minor burning compatibility issue between Mixcraft and Vista. I suggest this because the same error occurs on my Vista x64 desktop system AND my Vista 32 bit laptop. Or -- perhaps it's a compatibility issue with another application that happens to be installed on both machines. I do have Roxio 2009 installed but so far it has managed to coexist peacefully with my other burning and editing apps.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, wnaspint.dll is Goldenhawk's ASPI driver. So, if you have "Use Acoustica's ASPI driver" selected, you'd be using wnaspint.dll and you'd get that error. Turning off that option allows Mixcraft to use whatever wnaspi32.dll file you've got installed on your computer. If Frog ASPI doesn't work for you, please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us your Mixcraft-log.txt file. Since you have Windows Vista, be sure to click the "compatibility files" option when you go to collect the log file.

C:\Program Files\Acoustica Mixcraft 4\mixcraft-log.txt

Greg
mistertee

Post by mistertee »

Ahhhhh, that explains it. wnaspi32.dll wasn't present on either of my Vista machines so there was nothing for Mixcraft to default to in lieu of wnaspint. After adding a renamed copy of frog aspi to my system32 directory all is well. Thanks for the follow up :-)