Sound gap at the loop point

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

javierdelon

Sound gap at the loop point

Post by javierdelon »

I have two tracks: first is audio track looping drums from the library and the second is the Instrument track playing live keyboard using one of the VST - all in the playback mode, not the recording, Drum looping is fine without gaps but when I am playing live ( it can be the keyb. or guitar) I am getting small gaps (only for the Instrument track) at the time of the drum loop.
Solution is to extend the drum loops by Copy and Paste them into the audio track but I'd would prefer to be able to play my instrument and just using the looped drums(let's say if I want to use for the live performance)
I am using HP Pavilion dv5000 notebook, Windows XP pro with Serv. Pack 3, Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz 2GB of RAM and the TASCAM US-122 Audio/MIDI USB interface with updated driver and firmware
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't think I understand the problem. When you play live, you're getting gaps in the instrument track? Or the drum track?

Greg
javierdelon

Post by javierdelon »

Thanks for the reply,
Drum track is looping and is fine but the problem is with the other track which I use to play guitar or midi controller in the real time, as soon as I reach the time of the drum loop the sound of my guitar is gapping for a sec. or less. Another words I am getting sound gaps in the instrument track - not the drum track
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So, you're dragging the guitar part out to loop it? You recorded it as an audio track in Mixcraft?

Greg
javierdelon

Post by javierdelon »

No, I only loop drum track, the other track is not recorded - I am just using for playing live guitar while drum track is looping