Mixcraft projects opens slowly

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rick d

Mixcraft projects opens slowly

Post by rick d »

Hi,

Just like the title says, when I try to open a project, the program stalls for a few seconds and then finishes loading successfully.

I don't know if that stall is normal or not. I never experienced that with MC2 (Which I still use).

My system has nothing to do with this stall. It is relatively fast.

PC Specifications
Microsoft Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.00 GHz 1.87 GB of RAM
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
Realtek AC97 Audio Driver

Even on my other PC, which is just a tad bit slower, it still has this slight stall.

Does anyone else experience this? I wouldn't say it is a "PROBLEM", but just something to look into.[/u]
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are there audio files which are on an external or network drive that are used in the projects that load slowly? Is the Mixcraft recording or temp folder pointed to an external or network drive?
rick d

Post by rick d »

Nope. All of the project files are on the same drive as Mixcraft, and the files for each project are in one folder.

All files are in .ogg format and there are about 6 of them at max. Each probably no more than 3.30mb.

Nothing else is running while I'm working on the projects. Besides needed windows application, the only other files that are on my PC is related to music recording only so the space (59GB out of 74.9 GB) is looking good.

As I said before, I have no trouble with MC2. The projects just load straight through with no lag.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

How much of a delay are we aylking here? Normal load time should be allowed, but if it takes like 30 seconds then there is a problem.
rick d

Post by rick d »

About a good 6 seconds (going by my stop watch) before the project actually starts loading, while in MC2 it just loads initially.

The lag really isn't that big of a deal, but I was just wondering if it was supposed to do that.
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

6 seconds?

From the point i click on the Icon it Takes 8 seconds to launch my copy of mixcraft 4.
(can be longer if i click directly on a project file depending on how many tracks it has and so on...)

Got a couple of third party VST as well (some may take a toll on your loading time)

Then it Takes 3 seconds to launch Mixcraft if I shut it down and start it again, (somehow it seems the VST take a load only the first time, maybe it's because it is still loaded in RAM i couldn't tell)

my pc specs:

Intel P4 CPU (single core) @ 3.0 Gygahertz
1.5 Gygabytes of Ram
XP Pro SP2

Hope it helps.