Line 6 Toneport UX 1 in conjunction with Mixcraft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Wigglesworth

Line 6 Toneport UX 1 in conjunction with Mixcraft?

Post by Wigglesworth »

Firstly let me say hello! This is my first post. I am a Mixcraft virgin, having literally just downloaded the musicians bundle in order to give it a shot (I was so impressed with Beatcraft that I decided to buy Mixcraft out-right).

I've aquired a Line 6 Toneport UX1 which I'd like to use to record various intstruments and vocals. However, I can't figure out (or find) how to use it in conjunction with Mixcraft. Is there some basic configuration that will sort it all out? I'm afraid I'm not terrible tech-minded so any advice will need to be in idiot proof language.

Thanks!

Chris
teljax

Post by teljax »

I use a line 6 KB37 with mixcraft. all you have to do is plug it into your usb. Then in mixcraft go to preferences and choose sound device. Switch from wave to asio and your all set.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hi, you should be able to open Mixcraft, click the small arrow next to the arm button on any audio track and choose the line 6 from the list of available devices. Does it not show up there?
Wigglesworth

Post by Wigglesworth »

Nope, it doesn't show up at all, then shortly after the whole program freezes. I have to restart the whole computer to make it work again, otherwise it just freezes on loading.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Have you done as teljax suggests above?
Does the toneport show up if you use software other than Mixcraft? if not, you should contact the line 6 support techs about getting windows to recognize the unit.
Wigglesworth

Post by Wigglesworth »

teljax wrote:I use a line 6 KB37 with mixcraft. all you have to do is plug it into your usb. Then in mixcraft go to preferences and choose sound device. Switch from wave to asio and your all set.
I did try this, but there's no difference at all. I'll try Line 6 and see if anything can be solved on their part.

Thanks for the help!
Wigglesworth

Post by Wigglesworth »

Update- everything is now working (the problem was with the Toneport). Spent the last few hours having a fiddle and thoroughly enjoying it. Fantasticly simple (yet entirely versatile) software.