Mixcraft on a Mac

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JimiH1

Mixcraft on a Mac

Post by JimiH1 »

My Windows PC keeps crashing so I had enough with Microsoft. Every time I use my recording software: Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk Sonar, Fruity Loops and ofcourse Mixcraft etc etc etc. My question is, is it possible to run Mixcraft on OS X? Because of all the hasstle with Windows I have serious plans to buy a Mac.
If not, please let me know than I keep my PC only for Mixcraft allongside the Mac

8)
I was a beta tester for Mixcraft 4. An excellent program for recording your projects. One vital functian in Mixcraft FX editing is missing. I would like to have FX automation in the next version.
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Sorry Jim.
The answer is no.
The guys at Acoustica don't feel that they can compete with Garage Band which is free. That was their answer the last time I saw someone ask.
I think the best things in life are paid for. Well, DAWs at least.
If it's any consolation, I've had a lot less computer problems since I took mine off line so keeping the old one around is still a good idea even if you buy a Mac.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

My two cents (naturally).
Windows operating systems are no more vulnerable to virus, spyware and/or crashing than a mac is, the simple fact is that PC's are the majority so in turn they are the target 99.99% of the time. As Macs get more and more popular and common in the home, they too will see spyware, virus's etc. The best defense is to educate yourself about the origins of spyware, virus and general misbehavior and it's causes. Learn how to recognize web sites that are potentially bad news. Being a network security guy by trade, I have absolutely zero issues with any of the Windows based computer I use each and every day, why? Because I know what to stay away from.

Think about this; If you were a malware author that wanted to get his little application installed on peoples computers because every time they click your banner you make 4 cents, what OS would you write the malware application to run on? Hmm, Windows of course, that is if you want to hit the masses. You would most likely skip Macs and Linux because there simply are not as many common users who will fall for your scam that run them on a daily basis.

So, you can spend the money and buy a mac and then have loads of fun trying to find software to work with it, or you can educate yourself for free about the dangers of the internet and how to avoid them.
nima

Post by nima »

well im having the same problem.

heres how you can fix it.

one: do what i did right now, and re install windows, so ur fresh and disable internet and then install your softwares.

two: buy a mac with intell processoe and run bootcamp which allows you to run windows programs.