Using beatcraft in mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

klockman

Using beatcraft in mixcraft

Post by klockman »

I just discovered Mixcraft tonight and so far i love it. I've been looking for an easy garageband type program to run on PC and i think this is it. On top of that i've been searching for a good drum machine program for years that was as straight forward as my old Boss drum machine and beatcraft seems to be it. My only compliant is that i didn't know about this software until today. I will most likely purchase it.

Here's my question. In what ways can beatcraft work within mixcraft? Any examples you can provide would be awesome. Or just point me to some old topics and tell me to shut up. :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Beatcraft can't work in Mixcraft, but you can render your beats to MP3, WAV, WMA or Ogg and then load them into Mixcraft.

Just choose "Render Pattern..." or "Render Sequence..." from Beatcraft's file menu.

Greg
EL34

Post by EL34 »

We will continue to hammer Acoustica until there is a Beatcraft type integration in Mixcraft. :D

Does not have to be Beatcraft, just something that does the same sort of thing as Beatcraft, only better. Beatcraft could use a big feature boost, IMO.

I have the feeling that someone else owns the right to Beatcraft and Acoustica cannot integrate Beatcraft without paying this person.

Just a Wild arse guess on my part.

So many people want a Drum program integrated with mixcraft that it makes no sense why Acoustica seemingly tends to shrug off this desire by the users.

The guys at Acoustica know how much I love their products, but this is one mystery that escapes all logic, IMO.

The guy that programmmed Beatcraft probably owns the rights to the code, or something weird along those lines. Again, just a wild arse guess on my part, because it makes no sense in my mind what so ever.

Just imagine what Mixcraft would be with a Drum program integration.
There is probably a very good reason why Acoustica is not doing this, we will have to wait and see and continue to look to the future Mixcraft releases..
Graffi

Post by Graffi »

Hmm, I just don't see it as doable, since they're really two completely different things. Has nothing to do with rights and owndership - it's like trying to fit a 12" drum head on a Fender P-bass: it just ain't gonna work.

MC is a tool that uses uses, essentially, finished sounds (analog recorded with a mic or virtutal with a midi controller, or imported as .wav files as loops) to create a package.

BC takes single sounds and creates a finished .wav that can then be used later. In other words, it creates the sound to be used instead of being a finished sound itself.

To get a "drum machine" in MC, why not use some of the excellent drum samples out there as a virtual instrument and play/program them the same as you would BC? You could even put them on their own track for much more control of reverb, compression, etc., and the samples available are pretty much limitless. You can even create some loops of your own to save for re-use. Then if you don'tlike the kick drum, you can just swap out the sound later..

Or maybe I'm missing something..?
DrDoog

Post by DrDoog »

I would rather assume that the main reason is that a powerful soft drum machine is a huge program, such that it merits being a separate application, and some customers like me who don't need an extra drum machine would rather just pay $65 for Mixcraft, rather than $105 because Mixcraft features an integrated drum machine :wink:
Of course, it isn't very difficult to place Beatcraft tracks into Mixcraft. It takes about the same amount of effort as it would to record a drum track
J Gretch

Post by J Gretch »

Of course, it isn't very difficult to place Beatcraft tracks into Mixcraft. It takes about the same amount of effort as it would to record a drum track.

I agree with Doog on this... it doesn't take that much effort to get a beatcraft track into Mixcraft. And besides I don't want the next version to suck more resources from my system for something that can be done externaly.
BERZERKER

Post by BERZERKER »

Yea, you just render your drum/percussion pattern, pull up Mixcraft, click add sound, and go to where ever you have the beat saved , and voila'!
www.myspace.com/leopdyer
www.myspace.com/cosmicpillar
www.myspace.com/mudrope

"Those who criticize your dreams are to weak to follow their own. "
eamon7

Post by eamon7 »

create your drum sequence and then solo the kick. render it and name the file kick. then go back and unsolo the kick and solo the snare and render it as snare. do this to all the drums one at a time and them import them into mixcraft. it takes a while but at least then you can remix the kit or eq the kick etc without having to go back into beatcraft
jehrenthal

Post by jehrenthal »

I did some session work with an old school pro musician recently who used to use keyboards as sequencers/samplers etc in the early days of midi exclusively (and those are some crazy huge manuals that makes nuendo look like it was written for and by autistic kids). Now he uses sonar 8 pe and when he does a drum track he plays the bass and snare on one take and then the cymbals etc on the second one all on his midi keyboard which of course records velocity etc and then hits the quantize button and done. Then u can even save the sucker as a midi file and use it in your next big hit! Next you could use superior drummer, bfd, or battery or whatever to change out the drums for different ones.
I used to go online for hours looking for an easy drum software as I found beatcraft to be a pain as it has to match the song your working with, and I ended up using ez drummer almost 100% of the time. Now I've been actually drumming on a keyboard and it feels better to say I did every single track on this song even if other musicians laugh at me. Well they also laughed at Axl Rose and look at him now! (just kidding)