Export multiple tracks at once

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

champ1979

Export multiple tracks at once

Post by champ1979 »

Is there a way to export multiple tracks (into multiple wav files) in one go? I use Mixcraft to record live sessions and typically I wouldn't have the time to create a project for each song. I record all songs in the same project and would like to export all songs (tracks) as wav or mp3 files.

I used to be able to do this with Audacity and recently moved to Mixcraft, but was disappointed to find that this option was not there. I am not even able to open multiple sessions of Mixcraft, at least that way, I can copy paste parts into separate projects post production.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

As an official function, no that is not possible. This is the first request for such a thing i have heard.
But you can do this, click file>copy project sounds to...
Choose a new empty folder and it will copy the project file and all associated sounds to the new folder. Then you can go get the separate files from there.
dejavue56

Post by dejavue56 »

I take it you just record a new track for each song-you are not multitracking. If so, I would just go to the Sound tab for each track and rename the track to the song name and it will be a wave file in the project folder that you can easily find and use or convert to MP3.

As a tip, you also might when you launch mixcraft prior to recording, under the project tab, create a new folder for those sessions you are recording, so each session is in a separate folder.
jpfairall01

Re: Export multiple tracks at once

Post by jpfairall01 »

there actually is a way to do this. in order to do this create a new marker where you want your individual tracks to start by double clicking on the time line and making a new marker. once your in this menu click the box that says create track for cd or audio files. Then when you click mix down to mp3 or wav, ensure the create a new file for each cd marker box is checked and when you export it will track seperate files starting at eaching point where you made the marker. I hope this helps.
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

champ1979 wrote:I am not even able to open multiple sessions of Mixcraft, at least that way, I can copy paste parts into separate projects post production.
Although Mixcraft can only open one project at a time, you can have as many instances of MC open as you want. This way you could record each song in a separate instance, and save them in their own project, at the same time.... If you have enough RAM to handle it.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Just FYI: this topic is nine years old..
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

figures...
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
SerjTheFish

Post by SerjTheFish »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:47 am Just FYI: this topic is nine years old..
And it still came in handy today! Thanks everyone :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

SerjTheFish wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:11 pm
Acoustica Greg wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:47 am Just FYI: this topic is nine years old..
And it still came in handy today! Thanks everyone :D
Hi,

This info is totally out of date. Mixcraft has a Mix Down To Stems option on the File menu now.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Oh! You mean we've moved on from Mixcraft 5??? :mrgreen:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio