Idiot assitance required; recording, Mixcraft & Toneport

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Wigglesworth

Idiot assitance required; recording, Mixcraft & Toneport

Post by Wigglesworth »

I've trying to use my Line 6 Toneport alongside Mixcraft. Both have been freshly installed. However, I can't seem to arm the Toneport; when I try and record the only sound being picked up is that of the microphone built in to the laptop, despite trying out different options. On occassion it says i need to plug my USB device in, although it is plugged in and registered as 'on' (and is also working audibly as I can still play through it, just not record).

Any suggestions would be welcome. I'm terrible with computers.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

open mixcraft...click on file in top menu then click preferences then click sound device.

Wave and Asio options

Click circle to choose asio

Check asio device and see if toneport is there.

You may also need to update your toneport drivers...go to their site and see if they have the latest drivers/software.

Software may be outdated that came with product so check for updated software at their site.
Wigglesworth

Post by Wigglesworth »

I had previously done all of this, but there still seems to be the same problem. It says it can't find the device.
sperley

Post by sperley »

Are you using the Gearbox software that came with it? It's not an option. You have to use it. Fire that up, and then see if Mixcraft receives a signal. Oh, and make sure you have all the buttons right in Gearbox (the instrument/mic button), and the knobs on the unit are turned up. It's easy to have these things set wrong. I've spent lots of time chasing down these relatively simple oversights.